NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy datas from *.xls file with property loader into an array in teststand

Antonio,
thank you very much for your help!
I understand your example and I think it is a very good way with the xml
With the import of my *.xls file I want to load the complete order of events of my test
for a clearly statment I need the structure of my *.xls file which I posted the last time.
Is it possible to convert this structure in your *.xml structure?
than you very much
kind regards
samuel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,546 Views)

Hi,

The only way would be to create your own loader. Although all the source code is available for the PropertyLoader as part of the Teststand installation, I would suggest its a major changed to this code and would be easy to generate some thing new that mets your needs.

Or

You could add to your XLS sheet, so that the propertyloader reads from a different part of the sheet (in its standard format), but these values are linked to the Cells of you current setup.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,546 Views)
Ray,
where can I find the source code of the property loader?. (in which directory...etc?)
kind regards
samuel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,543 Views)

Hi,

In TestStand\Components\NI\StepTypes\Database.

Its is adviseable to copy the files in TestStand\Components\NI\StepTypes\Database to TestStand\Components\User\StepTypes\Database before you start any modification.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,540 Views)

Hello,

I whant to do exactly the same thing: read a 2D-Array with the property loader. And I think I am not the only one in this case.

Before I begin to change the code of the property loader. Does anybody have already done it by now?

Risotto

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,509 Views)