From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control the execution of a test in TestStand with VeriStand ?

I'm working on a system which triggers warnings. When one of these warnings is triggered, I have to pause the test sequence.

The warnings are declared as alarms in VeriStand and the test procedure is running in TestStand. So I wonder if I could ask the pause of the TestStand running in the VeriStand alarms procedure.

Has someone this answer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,822 Views)

Hi AltMarianne,

The response of your question is no.

You can't stop or pause teststand execution from Veristand when one of your alarm is triggered.

It will be possible if from Teststand you called Veristand code module and checked the Alarms 's state.

I hope having answer your question.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,791 Views)

Thanks for this response even if I get no solution relating to my concern.

To my mind, checking the alarm from TestStand does not allow us pausing the test sequence execution, since TestStand is not a real-time software.

Do you agree with me?

Regards,

Marianne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,786 Views)

By Using the Teststand API you can control the execution of your sequence.

Since teststand is not real time software you might have a jitter between the time where you get the alarme and the time where you pause your teststand execution.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,783 Views)

Merci de me répondre aussi rapidement. Je suggère d'échanger en français si cela ne vous ennuie pas.

Nous avons aussi envisagé la solution d'importer des alarmes définies sous VeriStand, si la solution de contrôler VeriStand depuis TestStand n'était pas réalisable. Nous devons scruter les alarmes en continu. Nous avons donc envisagé faire tourner une séquence en parallèle de la séquence de test proprement dite. Auriez-vous un exemple à nous donner afin d'avoir une vue concrète de ce que l'on peut faire et une réponse à notre problématique?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,778 Views)