NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How best to display UIMessage text using the ActiveX controls in LV?

Adam,

To selectively execute the ProcessModelPostStep callback, you have at least a couple of options. Both options I describe use a boolean station global. To create a station global, open the Station Globals view from View>>Station Globals. Then, a station global can be created just like you would create a local.

First, you could use this boolean station global as a Precondition for each step in the ProcessModelPostStep callback. The default value of the boolean could be set to False. You could have a Pre-Expression set the value to true for your important steps. Then, the last step of the callback could set the value back to false.

Second, if you are using TestStand 3.1, you could use the boolean station global as the condition for an If step. Have all of the steps in the callback be between an If and an End. The setting of the boolean value can be done just as described above. The If and End Step types are available when you right-click in a sequence, select Insert Step, and then select Flow Control.

Also, the callback can be enabled and disabled using the TestStand API and Execution.EnableCallback. If you used this method, you would want to have the callback enabled before your important step is executed. I am basing this on the order of actions a step performs (Table 3-4 in the TestStand Reference Manual).

Regards,

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,254 Views)

Adam,

You may also be interested to know that it is definitely possible to have multiple execution views visible on the Front Panel of your Operator Interface, OI. As I mentioned before you would need one Execution View Manager for each Sequence View Control that is used to display an execution. Each of these manager/control pairs needs to be connected using the same method that is used for a single pair (ExecutionViewMgr.ConnectExecutionView).

Another aspect to making this work is to properly handle the DisplayExecution event. In the Full OI – Configure Event Callbacks.vi (this is a SubVI of the Full OI – Top Level VI), you will see that when the DisplayExecution event happens, the Display Execution Event Callback VI gets executed. This callback VI would also need to be modified to have each execution get linked to one of the Execution View Managers. If the references to the Execution View Managers are put into an array and passed through the Configure Event Callbacks.vi to the User Parameters of the Display Execution Callback VI, then the Display Execution Callback VI might be like the attached VI.

- Eric

Message 12 of 13
(1,068 Views)
Hey Eric,
Thanks for all the insightful help.  As it turns out, I'm creating a more application specific UI so I've decided not to use multiple sequence views.  But I'm glad to hear it can be done.  Also, it looks complicated but I'm getting there 🙂

The OI that I'm developing is giving me another set of problems but I think I'll post these in a new thread or call NI (since I've gotten far off topic on this thread).

Thanks again for the help.. Adam
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,057 Views)