NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide sequence files from List Bar on User Interface

How can I prevent the Sequence files from being displayed on the List bar as I am trying to tailor my own UI to use only menu selections to load the required sequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,052 Views)

Hi SMA,

You can use the Simple Operator Interface (OI), (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\OperatorInterfaces\User\Simple\LabVIEW) which does not have a ListBar on it.  Or, you could modify the Full OI (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.5\OperatorInterfaces\User\Full-Featured) in LabVIEW, or any other of the provided languages, by removing the ListBar ActiveX control.

Message Edited by AEDavid on 02-27-2007 03:45 PM

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,037 Views)

The full UI supplied by default with TestStand 3.5, contains a list bar on the left of the screen which displays the Sequence file names and the executions.

I've been requested to investigate the removal/hiding of the Sequence file element of this active x control.  I can hide the entire control by attaching a property to the control to set the visible attribute to false however this hides the entire control.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,034 Views)

In the designer, bring up the property pages for the list bar. On the Configure Pages tab, remove the first entry named Files.

In the source code, remove the call to ConnectSequenceFileList that connected the file list to the first list bar page.

The example code accesses the list bar pages by index. By deleting the first page, you've changed the index of the page that displays the executions from 1 to 0. Update all references.

I looked in the C++ example and there are constants you can search for:

// list bar page indices

const

int SEQUENCE_FILES_PAGE_INDEX = 0; // first page in list bar

const

int EXECUTIONS_PAGE_INDEX = 1; // second page in list bar

However, for some reason these constants are not used the ConnectListBarPages method, so look there too.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,022 Views)