NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help using DAQ Assistant WITH Teststand and Dynamic Data

I'm trying to use the "DAQ assistant" Express VI within a LabVIEW "mulitple numeric limit" step to monitor some analog voltage pins on a 6220 M series DAQ card.
I configured the DAQ assistant to use Continuous acquisition mode.

The problem is, the DAQ assistant wants to return DynamicData packed with AnalogWaveform.

I've created 2 local variables of types "analog waveform" and "dynamic data" but I don't know what to put in the Numeric Limit Test "Source" window.
I think the limit test source expects a NumericArray.

Are there any examples on using the DAQ assistant in Teststand?

Thanks much!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,260 Views)
In LabVIEW, you can use the "Convert from Dynamic Data.vi" to convert your data into an array. This array can be imported into TestStand. You will have to link this array into the connector pane of your LabVIEW VI.

Thank you

Nandini Subramaniam
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,244 Views)
Thanks for the reply.
I do know how to convert from DD inside labview. But I'm using the Express VI option and directly accessing the DAQ assistant from TS so I never see LV. After configuring the Express VI using the assistant, you have to choose a destination for "data" in the "specify module" window. I guess I could just create a VI and do the conversions in LV but it seemed cleaner to use the Express VI directly from TS. But using this requires breaking data out of the DD type "within" TS.

I made an example of the problem using the "Simulate Signal Express VI" simulating a DC signal with noise. Can the LIMITS be set to ensure noise levels do not exceed some threshold?

Thanks again,
Adam
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,236 Views)
Under data source you can load: Locals.LV_DynamicData.Element1[0].Y[5]. This checks one value in a range at a time. The change/check has to be made to a local variable.

Using the Multiple Numeric Limit Test you can check a whole array at a time.

Another suggestion would be to create a custom step type using LabVIEW code that finds the min and max of an array and based upon this pass or fail the test.

Thank you
Nandini Subramaniam
NI
Message 4 of 5
(3,221 Views)
Thanks for the tips Nandini,
Turns out that since the channel that I want to read isn't constant, I have to build the DAQ unit in LV anyway so I can pass in a Hardware Resource string.
Adam
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,175 Views)