NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on TestStand Deployment

Hi,
    I added a menu item in TestStand Operator Interface(CVI) and it needs adding some fields in "modelstrings.ini" and "UIStrings.ini" files present in <TestStand>\Components\NI\Language\English... directory.I added those fields and it was working fine in the development system. As the Target system did not have TestStand installed,I used the TestStand Deployment utility from TestStand(Version 3.1) to deploy my Operator Interface with the Engine. I was able to install my Operator Interface and it worked fine. But the name of the menu items which I had added is not displaying properly! I went through the intallation directory and found that modelstrings.ini and UIStrings.ini was not the one which I had changed for the addition of menu item. Is the engine replacing these files? In TestStand 1.0, I rememeber there was an option for customizing the Engine.Please help me on this issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,019 Views)

Sivasn,

Every time you reinstall TestStand the language files under '<TestStand>\Components\NI\Language\' are replaced.
If you want to preserve your changes make a copy of the file you want to modify and save it under '<TestStand>\Components\User\NI\Language\'.
The files under the 'User' directory wont be replaced next time you upgrade TestStand.
You do not have to copy "modelstrings.ini" and "UIStrings.ini"; you could add the required strings to '<TestStand>\Components\User\NI\Language\English\CustomStrings.ini' as an alternative option.

Hope it Helps.

If you have any question let me know.\

Antonio Lie.

Message 2 of 3
(3,002 Views)
Hi Antonio,
    Thanks a lot. It worked.

Thanks,
Siva.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,990 Views)