From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle selected errors

I've read the examples about error handling and created an example that allows me to handle errors.

What I'm not sure of and have not found any discussion about is:

How do I turn it back over to TS to handle errors I am not specifically interested in?

The attached example (if I understand correctly) makes my error handler THE error handler. It uses the same dialog the TS examples show that is similar to the TS default error handling dialog. I would like to handle particular errors (as the example shows) and then leave the rest to TS's normal error handling.

Regards,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,159 Views)

The example included in the first post was the wrong version of the file.

The version attached to this post is better.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,156 Views)

If it is an error you don't want to handle. Just do nothing in the callback. If you do nothing in the callback, TestStand's normal runtime error handling code will handle it.

Doing nothing in the callback includes not canceling step callbacks or refreshing the execution display. Check for error codes you care about before doing those things.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,138 Views)