NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goto PreUUTLoop from Main Seq

Hi

Once the test is over with one sort of UUTs  I have to change the  PartNO  & the Code is in PreUUTLoop

how do I go there Programatically   from my Main Seq. Is there any Flag that could be set ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,605 Views)

aparab,

Is this code in your process model, or did you override the PreUUTLoop callback in your sequence file? If you have the code in your sequence file, you could move it to a subsequence, which you would call from the PreUUTLoop callback to get your current behavior. However, this would also allow you to call that code directly from your MainSequence as needed.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,568 Views)

The caveat to doing it as Daniel suggested is that you will not be changing the serial number in the process model.  So you would also have to handle that as well.  And depending on when you call it you may have already put the original serial number on the report.

Just some extra stuff to think about.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,564 Views)

I have overridden the PreUUT loop so I  can read the SAP  & get the Part no from there.

the issue  is such that after reading the Part No I  start testing.

(As u mentioned ) If I call   the subseq it doesnt mean that the  execution will be in order i.e. preuutloop;preuut; main seq.... as in sequential model

in my main Seq. the Operator selects whether he has to continue the test change the UUT type (go to preuut LOOP)  or end the test

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,548 Views)

Hi!

The thing is that what you want to do is no loger the sequential model as I understand it:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7958/en/

(Figure1)

As you see, no going back from main sequence to the point you gather your DUT information - so you are using a model that in my eyes is not capable of doing what you trying to achieve,

Regards

René

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,515 Views)

Hi all,

how abt

From PostUUTLoop -> On Pass Call Seq->"Pre UUT loop"

unfortunately tht gives error 

but if i amable to jump from postuutloop callback it may do the job

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,469 Views)

which process model are you using and which entry point are you using.  It seems that the TestUUTs entry point in the sequential model gives you the desired behavior.  You can tweak the PreUUT in there, or override it, to evaluate whether or not to continue.  If you look at the link http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7958/en/ under section 4 it shows how Test UUTs executes.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,464 Views)

Hi Jigg,

I am using seq process model

& TESTUUTs 

the issue at hand is that all   my init-VIs are in PREUUT Loop thts why I need  to jump at the preuut   when one Assignment( consiosting of many UUTs)  is over

else I have to reload teststand again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,444 Views)

I guess I don't understand your issue.  I was under the impression that you wanted to go to the next UUT depending on the outcome of the previous UUT.

If you do as Daniel suggested and modularize your code in there then you can call it at any point.  My caution earlier was that the PreUUT has a specific purpose within the process model.  It gets the UUT serial number and determines whether or not to loop (if using TestUUTs).  So if you call PreUUT from within MainSequence you won't get that data back to your process model. 

But it sounds like you only need to modularize a portion of PreUUT.  The portion that initializes your UUT.  If you modularize just that portion then you can call it from anywhere.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,434 Views)

Hi Jigg,

I am interested in  "PREUUTLoop"  callback.

there I do all read operation from SAP  once for each  consignment (consists of UUTs of same type &  make )

now I want to change the consigment withut terminating  teststand & starting again 

so I plan to jump from  PostUUTLoop to PreUUTLoop  callback which  may notbe a  clean method(it also doesnt work).

thts the issue how I acheive it

regards

akshay

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,431 Views)