cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a context of a sequence file from another sequence file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My purpose is to create my own property loader. I successfully created a LabVIEW VI wich ables me to select a variable category (locals, parameters, fileglobals, stationglobals) with the expression edit control and it created an INI file with all my variable names and values.

Ok, now I wanted to created a custom tool of it. So when I create a new Teststand sequence, I can select Tool->LoadMyVariables and it creates an INI file of my current sequence file (Let's call WORKING SEQUENCE FILE).

To create this tool, I put my LabVIEW VI in another Teststand sequence file(Let's call TOOL SEQUENCE FILE). that I call in my custom tool.

The problem is that my LabVIEW VI need "ThisContext" (sequence context ) in input and when I use my tool from my WORKING SEQUENCE FILE: it runs the TOOL SEQUENCE FILE and i cannot access to the ThisContext of my WORKING SEQUENCE FILE anymore.

This is why my question is: Is there a way to send "ThisContext" from a sequence in a sequencefile to a sequence in antoher sequence file? (using Teststand custom tool)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,007 Views)

Hi LIoSI,

I suggest you to have a look at this discussion, it looks quite similar to your problematic.

>> How to get the Sequence Context of a Step in another sequence file:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/How-to-get-the-Sequence-Context-of-a-Step-in-another-sequence/t...

I hope this helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,945 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LoisLbs

To help people in the situation, this the solution :
     -> To find the sequence in which one the tool is called, use the lookup string : "RunState.InitialSelection.SelectedSequence[0]

->To use the Edit Expression in this case, connect to its properties: the context AND the engine !!

See the attached image.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,855 Views)