From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Report after step while execution continues

Hi,

I am need of little help in generating report at specific sequence point in sequence file while execution continues.

I am working on a logic (sequence) which consists of 6 stations from station1 to station6 in a loop. This set of stations will be executed by 6 different UUT's and therefore using Batch Porcess Model.

Now at any point any UUT completes station6, report should be genrated for that UUT and the same thread moves back to station1 with new UUT serial number. This sequence will be used in production floor therefore batch report won't suit our requirement rather UUT report should get generated.

I've managed to use PreUUT and PreBatch callbacks for insertion of new UUT serial number at station1 but unable to find solution for reporting.

Is there any way i can use TestReport callback and use in my sequence as subsequence and generate the report?

I am unsure the loads of parameters TestReport sequence seeks for if called as subseqeunce?

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

vivek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,524 Views)

I am not completely sure I am following your example, but have you tried looking at the Report Options dialog for the batch model.  There are options:

• New UUT Report File for Each UUT
  • New UUT Report File for Each Batch
  • New UUT Report File for Each Test Socket
  • New Batch Report File for Each Batch
  • Store UUT Rreport in Batch Report File

Below that is a graphic the describes the workflow.

As I said, I am having a little bit of trouble following your exact secnario, but I think you probably want to check "New UUT Report File for Each UUT."  (Note, "Store UUT Report in Batch Report File" must be unchecked to enable this option.)

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,516 Views)

Your situation sounds more like a Parallel model.  Not the batch model.

Have you considered that model?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,510 Views)

I have already checked Report options. 

But the problem with it is report won't get generate till UUT stops execution.

My sequence won't stop execution, rather it will keep executing in while loop.

The same problem is with the Parallel Model.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,491 Views)

it is hard to follow..

The report will be generated once the UUT finishes testing and the report will be generated...Then testand will askyou for another set of UUTs too keep testing.

i dont se why you want to keep everything on a loop arent you changing UUTs after you finish testing?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,451 Views)

Hi Vivek,

Actually i am bit confused with the terminologies that you have used.

Station generally refers to a test machine which is independent ( has its own hardware and software.Each station will run its own test sequence - no way connected to other station).Is that what you meant by station?Do you have 6 test machines with UUT connected to each of them?

The general flow of events for a sequential model are ;

Pre UUT - get serial number

Main sequence ddoing the actual tests

Post UUT - generate reports and again jump back to Pre UUT.

For a parallel or batch model its the same but multiple parallel instances running on the same machine (or station).

Will need more details about what exactly you are trying to acheive.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,445 Views)