From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Pass/Force Fail

I am using test stand 4.1 and when running in interactive mode I am setting the high level sequence call to either force pass or force fail when the test is running after a breakpoint is set. However i don't want to treat this as a regular fail or pass. Is there a variable I can use that states this. I have been looking at the folowing variable ... TS.mode but that just shows up as either a pass or fail if the run mode was changed to force pass or force fail and not normal before the test executes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,760 Views)

I'm not sure what you mean by "regular fail or pass"?  Could you elaborate?  What would you like it to do?

RunState.SequenceFailed will dictate whether or not the sequence is failing.  If you keep this set to False then it won't report Failed on the report.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,741 Views)

Thanks for helping. I am trying to distinguish a forced pass from a pass when the sequence executes and runs. The problem I have is I don't want the operator to be able to force pass sequences becasue the entire sequence will show a pass. I was hoping there would be a variable set that I could query if the force pass was selected per sequence.

The only variable I have found is the TS.mode variable that shows what mode the sequnce has been set to. This works if the execution is set to force pass or force fail or normal if the sequence has not yet been run. The problem is when the sequence runs and a breakpoint is set it is in interactive mode and then if the mode is changed to force pass the TS.mode is still set to normal and does not change.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,719 Views)

Hi Mark,

I didn't get a chance to test this yet, but have you tried RunState.Step.GetRunModeEx?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052G-01/tsapiref/reftopics/step_getrunmodeex_m/

Respectfully,

Ben H.
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,694 Views)

Mdcoco,

If you throw down a statement and run the RunState.Main.CallingStep.GetStepSettingsString in the Expression function, one of the returned functions is whether this was forced pass or fail. Would that be something you could take continuously to see if it was force passed.

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,685 Views)