NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Total Test Time In SequentialModel.seq

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out where in the SequentialModel.seq file I can pull back the "Total Main Sequence Test Time" when running in "Test UUTs" or "Single Pass" mode.  In which subsequence can I find the "Total Test Time" for one run?  Is there a variable with this information?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,977 Views)

After the MainSequence Callback in either the Test UUT or Single Pass execution entry points you should be able to access by using the following:

Locals.ResultList[0].TS.TotalTime

The reason this works is because the MainSequence results are put in the ResultList as element 0.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(4,965 Views)

JiggaWax, I tried to read this Local variable in the Post UUT callback sequence.  During runtime, I do not see this Local Variable populate in the Post UUT callback sequence.  Is there a reason why it doesn't?  Do I need to use another callback that happens after the MainSequence callback?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,937 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author testdesign

A couple options here.  You can override the TestReport callback and get it by using Parameters.MainSequenceResults.TS.TotalTime.  NOTE: the TestReport callback will only work if you are NOT using On-The-Fly reporting.

If you want to do it from the PostUUT you could do Caller.Locals.ResultList[0].TS.TotalTime.  Or RunState.Root.Locals.ResultList[0].TS.TotalTestTime.  Be careful using expressions like these.  If something else other than the model happens to trigger this callback you might not have those variables in there.  Both Caller and RunState.Root should give you the sequence context for the Test UUTs or Single Pass sequences.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 4
(4,928 Views)