From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find test socket index

Hi All,

I 'll try to explain better my needs.

I'm using simple GUI example of c# and I need for each event of "DisplayExecution" that occured what is the test socket index that referenced to it.

Please show me from which object should I get it.

private void axApplicationMgr_DisplayExecution(object sender, NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.UI.Ax._ApplicationMgrEvents_DisplayExecutionEvent e)

{

}

Tnx,

Liran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,203 Views)

DisplayExecution is not a good event for that because the socket is set in parallel in another thread, so it would be a race condition to access it from that event.

You should be able to use the UIMsg_ModelState_Initializing event, but there is a problem with that, which we will fix in a future release. Instead, you can use UIMsg_ModelState_BeginTesting:

void CTestExecDlg::UIMessageEventApplicationmgr(LPDISPATCH uiMsg, BOOL* cancel)
{
    UIMessagePtr message = uiMsg;

if (message->Event == UIMessageCodes::UIMsg_ModelState_Initializing)
    {
        int socketIndex = (int)message->GetNumericData();
        // this doesn't work, but will be fixed in a future release
    }

if (message->Event == UIMessageCodes::UIMsg_ModelState_BeginTesting)
    {
        int socketIndex = (int)message->GetNumericData();

// this works, but note that you will get the message again for each UUT.
        // if socketIndex < 0, then it is not a test socket execution
    }
}

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,180 Views)

Hi James,

Maybe you know how to get the number of test sockets before start executing the batch by code.

I understand that it contains in "ModelData.ModelOptions.NumTestSockets" but how should I get it programmatically.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,161 Views)

You could call ReadModelOptionDefaults in ModelSupport2.dll (see http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Get-the-Number-of-test-sockets-by-code/m-p/2710969#M44191). You can pass the function an empty container. When it returns, the container will contain a NumTestSockets numeric sub-property you can access with PropertyObject.GetValNumber.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,141 Views)

Assuming you are needing this in a C++ executable, you can avoid the need to link with modelsupport2.dll and the cvi runtime engine by just doing the following:

// This assumes that TestStandModelModelOptions.ini already exists.

IEnginePtr engine = mApplicationMgr->GetEngine();
        PropertyObjectPtr container = engine->NewPropertyObject(PropValType_Container, VARIANT_FALSE, "", PropOption_NoOptions);
        _bstr_t modelOptionsPath = engine->GetTestStandPath(TestStandPath_Config) + "\\TestStandModelModelOptions.ini";
        container->ReadEx(modelOptionsPath, "ModelOptions", RWOption_NoOptions, ConflictHandler_UseGlobalType);
        int numberOfSockets = (int)container->GetValNumber("NumTestSockets", PropOption_NoOptions);

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,136 Views)

Thanks a lot,

It works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,105 Views)