NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Load a required Step's associated module Err:-17600

Solved!
Go to solution

the deployment Image  works fine in dev system.

but in Deployment system  "Failed to Load a required Step's associated module Err:-17600" this error.

I suspect it has to do with the search files.

where in deployment machine I can change the  the search file settings.

Well i tried a  sample (simple)project but it worked on the deployment maschine.

2.  I am using classes& objects  in my seq file. (I tried to take every precaution to play it safe)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,704 Views)

A small correction-

The Deployment Image works fine(on Development PC) only if the Path for the Original VIs, Proj. Files, Libraries(Actual Project files)  is selected from the "Edit Search Directory" 

The Deployed Sequence cannot take its Support VIs & Project file into consideration but  searches for the original  VIs  Proj. Files

eg  a)   Original file C:\NG

b)   Deployment Image C:\Image\Target\NG\

if I Deselect  "a)" in Edit search Directories  ( Mind It "b)" is selected )   the Deployment Seq & the original Seq both hang Teststand

otherwise if "a)" is selected both work fine

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,681 Views)

aparab,

The Deployment Utility should be changing all of the paths in your sequence file to point to the new location of the VIs and projects as they appear in the deployment. To clarify, if you open the sequence from the deployment image location and execute it with the LabVIEW adapter set to the Run-Time Engine, are you still seeing these errors about the files not being found?

Also, I noticed your other post where you mentioned an error about not being able to locate the LabVIEW project file on the deployment system. It seems like these two issues are related. If you look in the deployment image folder hierarchy, is the LabVIEW project file located there? If not, we might check the Source Files tab of the Deployment Utility to determine whether the project file appears in the list of source files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,666 Views)

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the response!

1. Well I tried with one of the eg VIs from Teststand   where I changed the path of the deployment Image (eg I made the deployment  on Desktop) and it works fine on both (dev. & dep)

2. " sequence from the deployment image"  works fine  on the development maschine with LV runtime. with the original Development -Source files.

With the Deployed-Destination Project files  Provided I open the LVProj in Labview and save it (There r no changes needed to the LVProj)  .

2a as mentioned the  Edit search directories also play a role.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,651 Views)

aparab,

I want to make sure I understand you properly, so let me clarify my understanding on a few of your statements.

1. So if you generate a deployment with a TestStand example instead of your test code, this works properly. Is this correct?

2. After generating a deployment of your test system, you are able to correctly run this sequence from the deployment image on your development machine, is this correct? When you say "with the original development source files", are you saying that the sequence is executing with VIs from the development location on your machine rather than from the deployment image? 

Also, are you using relative paths for all LabVIEW projects and VI calls in your test sequences? This can certainly make a difference in the ability to execute your test sequence from a different location on disk.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,646 Views)

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the response

Ans to ur ?s

1. yes

2. yes the seq work fine with the Original files (as thts the path in the Search directory)   also  it works fine with the image provided I Select the files in Search and also I have to open the LV Proj in   labview and  save again.

3. yes I totally  use  relative paths.

In my deployment system I just have labview  2012  SP1 Runtime  as thats also on  my dev sys.

if u want I can send u my image file. just for a second look

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,643 Views)

It seems like if I pack the  whole project  as Labview Packed Library it works on the deployment machine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,639 Views)

Hi guys,

well  have to reopen the thread

I am making the deployment as a Packed Project Library 

if u take a   look at the image file   well thts  "Seq analyzer " from my deployment machine  where I dont have Labview Development, only runtime

If I Analyze the same Deployment seq file in my development maschine everything is OK   

the issue is only with one vi  

could it be that  some labview files (inst.lib  etc )are missing !!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,299 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aparab

there was a windows DLL  missing in my deplyoment maschine    "msvcr100d.dll "

NI Support helped me thr this as  I  didnt have labview on my deployment maschine.

& on Dev maschine all was OK

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,272 Views)

@aparab wrote:

there was a windows DLL  missing in my deplyoment maschine    "msvcr100d.dll "

NI Support helped me thr this as  I  didnt have labview on my deployment maschine.

& on Dev maschine all was OK

I think the 'D' is for debug, which means you are probably using a dll compiled with debugging. For maximum performance you might want to use release build versions of your dlls on deployed machines instead. That would also get rid of the need to install the debug verison of the visual C runtime on such machines.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,160 Views)