NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express-Vi does not execute the updated file - (vi-Cache?)

Hello,

I have a testplan with an express-vi-teststep (which worked fine in my previous NI-versions).

Now the problem is when i change something in the express-vi then the teststep in teststand still executes the old version befor the changes.

It looks like as if the express-vi is cached somewhere. Only when i re-insert the express-vi with a new teststep then the new file is executing.

My question is: Where is this vi-cache and how can i empty it? Or how can i disable the caching so that always the correct version is loaded?

I have the newest Teststand and Labview-version installed including the ServicePacks and online-updates on a Windows7-PC

Thx for help

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,436 Views)

Use Tools - Update Vi tools

For express vi choose option - reload prototypes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,430 Views)

There are two places where Express VIs are cached.

When an Express VI is configured, the resulting VI is embedded in a step variable. This embedded VI is overwritten when the Express VI is reconfigured.

When a step with an Express VI executes, the embedded VI is exported to a file in the temp directory so that LabVIEW can execute it. This file is deleted when the module is unloaded. This can be done manually with the "Unload all modules" command.

Can you clarify what you are changing about the Express VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,420 Views)

I added a Popup-window into the exepress-vi to Show display a return-value which is also returned to teststand.

But this popup did never show up.

I tried the "Unload all modules" but this had no effect.

Only when i re-inserted a new step and pointed to the express-vi then it worked and showed the popup.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,395 Views)

When changing the code of an Express VI, you will need to run the Express VI configuration again. The "Configure VI" button will do that. It should keep your previous configuration, so all you will need to do is 'OK' the dialog. If you have a lot of steps that need updating, the "Update VI Tool" will work.

When Express VIs are configured, the Express VI scripts an instance VI based on the configuration values. The supported approach to get changes made to the Express VI code into the instance VI is to execute the Express VI configuration again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,388 Views)