NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data from a html format into database

Hello:
Maybe someone can help me. I wrote a Test Stand program and save the test results in the html format everyone liked be able to access the data thru a web page but now we want to save the data to a database witch I was able to do. I need import the files save in html to the database. Does any knows how to do this or at least convert into a .txt or .csv format
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,993 Views)
Hey Toro,

Unfortunately there is no utility that will parse your HTML format files into your DataBase. This is primarily because the report files don't have all the information that is stored in the database. The data stored in the database is quite complex. So you might have to resort to manually inserting the fields, although this process is quite tedious. Also you cannot really convert your HTML files into .csv file, just because once a report is created TestStand doesn't know what data fields of the HTML file is important or not.

I'll place a product suggestion over to R&D to maybe look into creating a utility for our future releases.

SijinK
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,980 Views)
Toro,

In case you output TestStand XML files from multiple test stations, you might consider the following for data management:

http://www.vi-tech.com/products/Arendar/Arendar_MainScreen.php3

It comes with a TestStand XML file parser so that you can merge/compare/analyze data from multiple stations. There is close to a zero integration effort since the parser not only imports data but also builds the database schema.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,922 Views)