NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export limits property of a multiple numeric test as an expression

Solved!
Go to solution

I am able to import and export numerical test limits with expressions and multiple numerical test limits with expressions.

How about using the property loader for expressions in limits for multiple numerical tests?

Step.Result.Measurement[0].Limits.LowExpr doesn't seem to work (unless I need to have one for each of the 9 multiple tests in my subsequence).

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,778 Views)

Stephen,

See the attached photo.

Notice that you will need to do Step.Result.Measurement[].Limits.High and change the index for each measurement with in your Multiple Numeric Limit Test. However, note that if you enter Step.Result.Measurement[0].Limits.High it will grab the high limit for every step in your sequence that has that test. Additionally, it does not throw an error if the test is not in the step. Thus, if you have one Multiple Numeric Limit Test with 9 tests and one Multiple Numeric Limit Test with 5 tests make sure you include 0-9. You can see in the attached photo when I did that it, TestStand just skips those tests and doesn't throw an error.

Is this helpful?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,755 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

The question is geared towards using expressions in the limits.

For example, I have a line in my csv file where the limit is chosen at runtime depending on a bolean ("isGolden"):

test_name,"GELE",,,,,"Locals.isGolden ? 9.68:13","Locals.isGolden ? 7.34:5",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have column headings for "Limits.HighExpr" and "Limits.LowExpr".

This works just fine. How do I do the same in a multiple numeric limits step? It does not seem to accept "Result.Measurement[0].Limits.LowExpr".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb2

Hm, working now.

I had 5 multiple limit steps (0-4). Adding entries for all 5 seems to have done the trick.

Entries are of the form: Result.Measurement[x].Limits.[Low | High]Expr

Header line:

<Step Name>,Result.Measurement[0].Comp,Result.Measurement[0].Limits.Low,Result.Measurement[1].Comp,Result.Measurement[1].Limits.Low,Result.Measurement[2].Comp,Result.Measurement[3].Comp,Result.Measurement[3].Limits.High,Result.Measurement[3].Limits.Low,Result.Measurement[4].Comp,Result.Measurement[4].Limits.High,Result.Measurement[4].Limits.Low,Result.Measurement[2].Limits.LowExpr,Result.Measurement[2].Limits.HighExpr,Result.Measurement[1].Limits.High,Result.Measurement[2].Limits.High,Result.Measurement[2].Limits.Low,Comp,Limits.High,Limits.Low

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,741 Views)