NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution break with On-The-Fly Report activated

When On-The-Fly (Report or Database) option is activated and trace enabled, it could happen that the trace is showing the On-The-Fly callback when breaking the execution of sequence.

Is it possible to avoid that the trace stops within a On-The-Fly callback ?
I would like, when an operator breaks the execution, that the trace remains into its MainSequence.

Any help is welcome.

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,300 Views)
Hello,

Go to the "Configure >> Station Options" menu and verify that the "Tacing into Entry Points" option is disabled in the "Execution" tab. This should solve this problem.

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,262 Views)
Benjamin,

I am very sorry to inform you that the option "Trace into Entry Points" is disabled by default and my problem has been revealed with this option disabled.

Did you check your answer ?

Regards,

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,258 Views)

There is no way to prevent TestStand from breaking in given locations. However, if you are using an OI, it is possible to automatically continue executing until you reach a sequence context where Tracing is enabled. The execution will continue running (even if this takes a long time) until it reaches a point where you have tracing enabled.

To do this, you will need to add an Event Callback for the ExecutionViewMgr.Break Event. It will give you three parameters. You will get the property SequenceContext.Tracing from the ctxt parameter. If this is true, then we do not need to do anything. If it is false, we want to call the Execution.StepOut method on the exec parameter. This will finish execution of the current sequence, and try to break on the calling sequence. This will call the Break Event, so the process automatically repeats until it gets to a point that it is allowed to break. The downside is you will see all of these steps executing until the "real" breakpoint is reached.

Message 4 of 5
(3,230 Views)
Allen,

Your suggestion is very good. I implemented it without problem.
Of course sometimes we can see the OnTheFly sequences during a short time but I feel this is not a problem.

Thanks a lot.
Jean-Louis Schricke

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,175 Views)