NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute another module after report generation before TestStand completes execution

Solved!
Go to solution

In my application after TestStand generates and saves the report, I would like to run a step to send a flag informing that the test is complete and report is saved. How do I achieve this? The report is saved at the very end of TestStand execution.

I do not want On-the-fly reporting since I do not care about the information during execution. On-the-fly reporting, also saves the report at the very end. I would like the file to be saved and then the flag sent. It is fine if the results from the step for sending the flag are not recorded in the report.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,050 Views)

Override the ProcessCleanup callback and put the call to your module in there.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 5
(4,038 Views)

Hi Jigg,

Thank you for the reply. Is it an option to edit the ProcessCleanUp callback in the SequentialModel.seq?

I will have many sequence files which will send the flag but will have different steps within them for different tests. Half of them might not even be programmed by me. However, I need all these sequences to send me the same flag. Instead of asking everyone to include the step. I am considering the option of providing the SequentialModel.seq file to paste to the TestStand folder, so that this taken care of in the background.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,030 Views)

Sorry, I think I got my answer here for my question about editing the SeqentialModel.seq:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7958/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,026 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SumitN

Hi Sumit,

You can modify the sequentialmodel.seq itself as shown in the document that you have referred.( proces model customization).

After Post UUT calback in the "TestUUTs" sequence you can add your custom steps which will check for report exists and set the flag.

The report file path will be in the local variable as shown below.(populated during runtime).

"Locals.ModelPluginConfiguration.Plugins[0].PluginSpecific.RuntimeVariables.PerSocket[0].Path".

Generally it is advisable to copy the modified process model in the equivalent public folder with a new name.

User can select this new process model from the menu Configure -->stationoptions -->Model tab.

Your new process model should be automatically detected if you have copied in the correct public directory and restarted TestStand.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

Message 5 of 5
(4,012 Views)