NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example with cluster and enum from LV in Teststand

Hello,

I am trying to run one small example but I am having some problems which I do not understand. I have already tried several combinations and I am still not getting what I need.

I have test case already developed in LabView. Test is checking whether the system is recognizing the voltage max value (U_Mon Max) and voltage min value (U_Mon Min). This VI has input cluster which contains of enum U_Mon Mode (U_Mon Max, U_Mon Min) and number U_Mon input (voltage value).

The implementation I used in LabView was with 2 nested For loops:
1. for loop: executes the VI for Max and Min value
     2. for loop: loops the test by incrementing (in case of Max) or decrementing (in case of Min) the U_Mon input value as long as the indicator Done is True.

This logic is not applicable to TestStand, and I do not understand why.

To make it more simple I made two sequencial For loops with explicetely defined start conditions by using the Statement. I have following problems:
1. TestStand automatically recognizes enum as Number (U16) instead of array of number or string (so I have to adjust it manually in Types tab)

2. My second For loop is not executing, not even once! It is basically the same as the first one, just checking the min voltage value by decrementing the same counter. Is this a problem? Should I use different local variables within one sequence?

Could you please give me some hint about how and where to use local variables? Should I use parameters instead? Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,957 Views)

I have even tried to run the VI in the second For loop on the same way as in the irst loop (by incrementing the counter, it should work also this way) but it is not looping.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,954 Views)