From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluate TS expression edit in LV

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to evaluate a modified TestStand expression within LabView.  I am able to use the expression edit function to get the string to a TS variable.  I would like the user to be able to modify the string selected.  For instance, if I select a numeric type for the IE and select a numeric variable from TS I can add '+ 10' in the expression edit window and it evaluates ok if I click on the check.  What I want is the value that is the sum of the TS variable plus what the user added in the expression edit.  The screenshot below shows how I would like to enter the data into the expression edit.  As shown if I hover over the TS variable it shows it.  If I select all the text in the expression edit and hover it does not evaluate the string to 565 as I would hope.

I've attached the code I created.  I added a property object that gets EvaluateEx but it return another property object and not a numeric like I expected.

My question is: How can I get the evaluated number from the expression shown in the screenshot below?  Also, I would like to do the same thing for the string expression edit if the user adds characters to the end of the variable.

ExpEditScreenShot.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MickF

Hi, 

I found another forum interaction that might be helpful for you because is related of what you are asking, please check it out. Here you have:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/evaluate-TS-expression-in-LabVIEW/td-p/126958

Message 2 of 2
(3,760 Views)