NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluate TS expression edit in LV

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to evaluate a modified TestStand expression within LabView.  I am able to use the expression edit function to get the string to a TS variable.  I would like the user to be able to modify the string selected.  For instance, if I select a numeric type for the IE and select a numeric variable from TS I can add '+ 10' in the expression edit window and it evaluates ok if I click on the check.  What I want is the value that is the sum of the TS variable plus what the user added in the expression edit.  The screenshot below shows how I would like to enter the data into the expression edit.  As shown if I hover over the TS variable it shows it.  If I select all the text in the expression edit and hover it does not evaluate the string to 565 as I would hope.

I've attached the code I created.  I added a property object that gets EvaluateEx but it return another property object and not a numeric like I expected.

My question is: How can I get the evaluated number from the expression shown in the screenshot below?  Also, I would like to do the same thing for the string expression edit if the user adds characters to the end of the variable.

ExpEditScreenShot.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,827 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MickF

Hi, 

I found another forum interaction that might be helpful for you because is related of what you are asking, please check it out. Here you have:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/evaluate-TS-expression-in-LabVIEW/td-p/126958

Message 2 of 2
(3,764 Views)