NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred while trying to refresh edit panel "SeqEdit.ba"

Hi Tabuli/Smurray,

I want to clarify the status of this issue.  This issue has been reported to R&D in Corrective action request 360969 for the case that Erik described in his previous post.  This issue is scheduled to be fixed in a later version of TestStand, and is under consideration for a patch since many customers are encountering the issue.  We do not want to commit to anything at this time, but it will likely be addressed in the next TestStand release.

Also, can you verify that the process Erik described is when you are encountering the error?  Does the workaround he provided help you to avoid the issue?

watch for multiple parameters being selected as shown in the attached image. This should not normally occur and it's one of the symptoms of the problem. If you see this situation, select a single parameter and you might be able to avoid the issue.

If not, we will need to further characterize the other causes of the issue before fixing it. In this case, please provide more detail on when you encounter the error, and send any sequence files that could help us reproduce the issue.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(1,487 Views)

Also, if you are encountering this issue, please post the version of TestStand you are using.

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(1,484 Views)

Hi,

I hadn't been seeing this error for a while, but I saw it again today. As best as I can recall I was dragging an instrument reference from the Variables pane down into the Step Settings pane and placed it as the cluster header to several instruments instead of the intended instrument (because TS likes to scroll the contents of the pane--argh!!). I started to delete the reference, then decided to just undo (Ctrl+Z) and that's when I got the error again. Erik actually said there is no workaround as the multiple selected parameters is just a symptom, but then said to select only one to see if that would help. Every time this error has happened to me, it seems like there's no way to recover from it as every single action I perform ends up with the popup again and again. I'll try to select only one parameter, but I don't think we as users can avoid this situation as Erik said that it's TS that decides to select more than one, not us.

TS 2010 SP1 (4.5.1.134)

LV 2011 (11.0.1)

Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP3

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(1,474 Views)

Hi LoquitoPollo,

To clarify what Erik suggested, you should be attempting to click a single parameter in the same step before the error starts appearing.  In our testing, we reproduced the error only after selecting another step without first selecting another parameter.  The following procedure avoided the error:

1. notice that multiple parameters are incorrectly selected in a step

2. click a single parameter in the same step

3. select another step

The seqedit.ba error did not occur in this case for us, so I would consider it somewhat of a workaround. Please let us know if you find another way to reproduce this, or if this method does not prevent the error in your case.

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(1,456 Views)

This issue has been addressed in a recent set of TestStand patches for TestStand 2010, 2010 SP1, and 2012.  These patches are available through update service and online.  For more information, see the thread below:

New Patches available for TestStand 2010, 2010 SP1, and 2012

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(1,398 Views)

Great !

It is good to hear that it has been fixed and we are done with it.

Thanks.

B.Log

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(1,388 Views)

I am also facing this issue

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(729 Views)