05-03-2012 09:46 AM - edited 05-03-2012 09:49 AM
The error happened once again. I attached the screenshot to this message. The error message appeared just when I expanded the parameter "VISA Ressource name". The Parameters Variables list was expanded.
I was changing the name of the parameter in all my steps. So just before, I was pointing on another Labview code module ("2440_Init" more probably) was a panel in exactly the same state : 'Error In', 'Error Out' and 'Visa Ressource Name out' were collapsed, only 'VISA Ressource Name' was expanded.
05-04-2012 08:05 AM
Something new happened this morning : for the first time, this problem raised when a test was running. Before that it only happened during development, but this time it was when trying to open a LV code module panel in the sequence editor running. The program has been stopped with a breakpoint and then ran step by step. The error raised either by doing "next step" or by clicking on any step. See the screenshot below and the corresponding sequence file.
05-08-2012 05:01 PM
Thanks for attaching your files. I'm going to try to replicate the behavior on my end here and will let you know the results as soon as I have them.
06-20-2012 09:24 AM
06-20-2012 12:10 PM
I didn't bother reading my initial post, but I'm probably only using a few hundred VIs (including subVIs) at the most. Maybe it's something to do with memory?
Courtney, I realize this is a huge pain to have to research as an AE, but you should at least post back with what you found--or what you tried to do. Does R&D (the PSE) know about this problem?
06-21-2012 10:19 AM
I apologize for not posting the results openly on the forum, but I tried to reproduce the issue based on B.log's files, with no success. This issue was passed on to our R&D department, and we have thus far been unable to reproduce the problem for the files provided. That being said, the issue of many VIs isn't something that I have tried integrating into this problem. I will see if I can reproduce the behavior for very large sets of VIs, and post the results. Our R&D department is also actively involved in this issue, and I am working with the PSE to pass along to him the results of these trials.
Hope this helps - if there are any additional details that I need from you in terms of reproducing this based on the scope of your project (a few hundered VIs) or skirchdoerfer's larger project, then I will post those questions here or send them via a Private Message.
06-22-2012 08:06 AM
Thanks for providing this information. We were able to reproduce the problem and it will be fixed in a future version of TestStand.
The error occurs when you select a step and TestStand determines which parameter should be selected. Depending on which parameter was selected before you select the step, TestStand might attempt to select a parameter that does not exist for the newly selected step.
There is no workaround, but what you can do is watch for multiple parameters being selected as shown in the attached image. This should not normally occur and it's one of the symptoms of the problem. If you see this situation, select a single parameter and you might be able to avoid the issue.
07-12-2012 04:14 AM
We're getting this same problem, me and my collegues.
It seems that the error appears in random, including in random intervals. I mean, I've worked for days without getting this error, and I could get it five times in a hour (like today).
We're using DevSuite 2012 DS1
If there's any way to fix this error permanently, it would be appreciated!
07-13-2012 03:55 PM
The post prior says that currently there is no permanent fix. This is known behaviour in TestStand. A permanent fix might be available in later versions of TestStand.
07-13-2012 05:59 PM
While I'm glad that NI has been able to duplicate the problem, I'm a bit dissapointed to hear that it _may_ (I'm hoping you meant _will_) be fixed in a future version of TestStand. It sounds like NI thinks that this isn't a big enough problem to devote the resources to finding a fix and releasing a patch -- as a dedicated TestStand developer, I can tell you that this bug is a nightmare from a productivity standpoint. It occurs often every day, and requires a complete restart of the TestStand development environment.