NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred while trying to refresh edit panel "SeqEdit.ba"

Hello Kyle M,

I also happen to me sometimes, the symptoms are exactly the same than for LoquitoPollo.
It seems to happen randomly, only for LV steps and in several sequences files.

I started to have the problem just after I updated my teststand version.

TestStand Engine version: 2010 SP1(4.5.1.134)
Sequence Editor version: 4.5.1.134
LabVIEW 2011 (11.0.1, 32-bit)
Windows 7 Professional

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37
(2,054 Views)

We recently discovered a bug related to multiple dimension array parameters to LabVIEW VIs.

Is it possible that the problem you observed occurs when you have multiple dimension array parameters that are expanded in the parameters control?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(2,031 Views)
Hi. I too saw this errror today. I am using ts2010 and lv2011. Have there been any thoughts about a resolution at all ? Of course I will try to gather more information if it happens again.
Thanks.
Michael
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(2,003 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Yes, this only happens with LabVIEW step types.  I haven't seen the problem recently, but I will keep my eyes open.

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(1,988 Views)

I'm getting it too.  Occurs within an hour or so of working.  Only on LabVIEW step types (from what I can tell).  Only thing I can add is that when it occurs on a step with a breakpoint (i.e., Sequence Editor [Pause]), if I select the step then in the Step Settings window for that step flip between the Properties and Module tabs, the message comes up every time I go to the Module tab and the bottom half of the Module tab isn't drawn (still shows the Property tab, instead of the variables for the connection to the module).

LabVIEW 2011 (11.0, 32-bit) PDS

TestStand 2010 SP1 (4.5.1.134) Development System

Windows 7 64-bit

Error occurred while trying to refresh edit panel "SeqEdit.ba"

Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

Joe Gerhardstein
Viasat
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Developer
Certified Professional Instructor
http://www.viasat.com
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(1,982 Views)

We need your assistance in reproducing this problem so that we can fix it.  If anyone could post some simple sequences and VIs that can be used to reproduce this problem, that could be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(1,971 Views)

Hello Erik,

Thanks for trying to fix the problem.

I don't have muliple dimension arrays in this case.I generally use only local and global variables.

Attached is the picture of a new occurence of the error :you can see the message the message attached.

It first happened when trying to open the step settings panel for a LabVIEW code module, as already described. The VI instruction is here really simple and direct : it is just a VISA instruction related to an instrument (here the Agilent E3634A Power Supply) to close the communication. Once the error rises up, it becomes impossible to open another VI : the error is repeated again and again each we click on a LV module.
It's only happening during development time, never when the sequence's running.

I hope this will help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(1,945 Views)

Thanks for the information. We can now eliminate the multiple dimension array scenario.

My theory on this bug is that it has something to do with the expansion state of the parameters panel before you select the step that causes the error. I know it is asking a lot, but I think that any information about the state of the module panel immediately prior to you selecting the step that causes the error would be valuable.

For instance, you saw the error when you selected the step "Close Power Supply AIN3" and none of the parameters are expanded. Do you recall what was selected before you selected that step? Do you recall whether you had parameters expanded (e.g. the LabVIEWIOControl parameter)? 

Thanks again for your assistance and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(1,934 Views)

Hello Erik, 

I don't remember what was expanded or not before I selected this step : it happens some days ago. I'll pay attention next time, but it is effectively possible that the Labview IO control was expanded, because I need it to know the name of the instruments I use.

So I'll tell you as soon as it happens again.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(1,925 Views)

Hi B.log,

Can you send the sequence file that you are using in the screenshot you attached?  I would like to try to reproduce this behavior.

To anyone else who is experiencing this, please send the sequence file you were using when encountering the error.

Thanks!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(1,901 Views)