NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -17306; Unknown variable or property name

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I get the above error when trying to update Boolean variable Station Globals in Teststand 2014 from LabVIEW 2015;Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,797 Views)

Similar issues here and here, might be worth a read.

Can you post your Block Diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,792 Views)

block.PNG

I already creat the variable in TestStand.

TestStand Stationglobals.PNG

Even i can creat a new string variable from labview but i can't do that if the variable was boolean.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,780 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bill0w

You are not passing a valid value to the options parameter for SetValBool.  Replace "PropValType_Boolean" with a numeric constant of 1, which corresponds to "PropOption_InsertIfMissing".

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,752 Views)

If it works it works..... but I am not sold on that solution.   I have attempted to replicate what bill0w is doing.

The VI below works fine for me (no run time error), LV 2014 & TS 2014.  NOTE:  I also manually created the Global Boolean "StevesBool" in TestStand prior to the VI running.

SetValBool.PNG

Is it possible something else is going on here?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,733 Views)

You're correct that something else is probably going on Steve. TestStand will ignore invalid PropOptions.

Since that variable is stored in StationGlobals.ini, it's possible that file was deleted or the variable was added to the ini file for a different bitness of TestStand (like if using the 32-bit sequence editor, but a 64-bit LabVIEW OI).

I could come up with some other wild theories, but realistically - the variable didn't actually exist, or that error would not have been thrown. 

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 6 of 10
(4,720 Views)

It is not correct to pass a PropValType constant for the options parameter. The options parameter is expecting PropOption constants (using bitwise-OR to specify more than one). See the API help for details.

Message 7 of 10
(4,712 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,710 Views)

Thanks WireWeaver, it is good to know that TestStand ignores invalid PropOptions rather than throwing an error.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,707 Views)

The API takes an integer. It's not necessarily ignored. It might be misinterpreted to mean something you didn't intend if the value you pass corresponds to one or more valid property options. Make sure you don't pass the wrong kind of value for these integer parameters. If you aren't sure what to pass for a parameter, check the API help.

-Doug

Message 10 of 10
(4,687 Views)