NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error System Level exception

Hi!

I have a TestStand program which get informations in a database. But after 22 access to the database an error appears. It's System Level Exception. Is anybody knows why this error appears?
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(5,153 Views)

Hello Capblans,

You will found, in the link below, document that explain the error and gives solution:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/901B5E1C33A102A18625671C007C501F?OpenDocument

Regards,

Sanaa T
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(5,131 Views)

Thank you very much. But it's already set and it didn't work. And I have not the part of the message " Class not registered", I have only "System Level Exception. Error code: -17502".

I work with TestStand 3.1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(5,128 Views)

Hi!

Now I have this error (System Level Exception) a first time after 26 occurences, a second time when TestStand run Clean Up and try to close the SQL Statement.

After this if I try to run the sequence the error appears at the beginning at the first access to a table of the database.

I have to close and restart TestStand to be able to run the sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(5,117 Views)
In general, a system level exception is an unexpected error. It's most frequently caused by accessing an invalid memory location, usually in a dll code module. Such invalid accesses can lead to memory corruption which can make the entire teststand process unstable and require it to be restarted before it will work again similar to what you have noticed. Are you calling into dll code modules? If so, make sure all of your protoypes of your dll steps are correct for the functions you are calling. Also make sure all code in the dlls is written correctly to access, allocate and free memory at the appropriate times. Pay special attention to accesses to addresses/pointers. You might also try debugging the teststand process with whatever you are using to create such dlls (e.g. CVI or Visual Studio) and see where exactly the exception is happening. This might give you a clue for where to look in the dll source code.

Hope this helps,
-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(5,098 Views)
Another thought as to what might be the source of your problem. Such exceptions can also occur if a system resource is used up. That might be why your system is working ok for 22 or 26 accesses but then starts to fail after that. Make sure that you are freeing all handles that you allocate when you are done with them. Some system resource have a very limited number of handles that can be available at a time and once they are all used up, further allocations will fail and can lead to the system level exception error you are seeing.

-Doug
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(5,097 Views)

To Capblans -
It is unclear as to how you are accessing the data from the database. Some questions are:

1. What database are you using? 
  2. Are you using an ODBC driver or a OLE-DB Provider?
  3. Are you accessing the data from the OI or within a sequence?
  4. How are you accessing the data, LabVIEW, C, C++, TestStand step types?
  5. Can you explain at a high level the code or steps that access the data?
  6. What kind of SQL statement are you using?

Scott Richardson
Message 7 of 26
(5,093 Views)

Hi!

1- I use a database MySQL.

2- I use an ODBC Driver, the last version.

3- I access the data within the sequence.

4- I use TestStand step types to access data.

5- The step consist on get the data in the database where the index equals the increment.

6- The Statement is "GET 'nommod1' FROM 'nomtest' WHERE ID_test = Locals.increment"

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(5,079 Views)

Hi!

Thanks! But can you explain how be sure that I am freeing all handles that you allocate when I have done with them?

capblans

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(5,078 Views)

I'm sorry I made a mistake for the point 6, the correct SQl request is :" GET 'nommod1' FROM 'nomtest' WHERE index=Locals.increment" index is not a field.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(5,077 Views)