NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: -18002

I'm going through the Introduction to TestStand Course Manual and exercise 1.1 and when I run the sequence,
I see this error.  I installed the evaluation copy of LabVIEW 8 on my PC.  Is there a simple way to convert the VIs
that came with the course manual from (I think) version 6.x to 8.0?  If not, what do you recommend?  My next
task involves using TestStand with LabVIEW, CVI, and Agilent VEE modules.  Therefore, I plan to go through
course manual (I have only the first), and I plan to order the second.  But if all the examples are going to cause
me this much grief, I'll need to go a different route.

LabVIEW: VI version is too early to convert to the current LabVIEW version. [Error Code: -18002]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,614 Views)

Hi,

I guess that you do not have a copy of labview 7.x. I would suggest contacting you local NI representive.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,606 Views)

I had the 30-day trial of 7.1, but it expired.  I installed the 30-day trial of 8.0.  Is there a way to remedy this and still keep 8.0 installed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,604 Views)

Hi,

You could un-install your 7.1 trial software and try install it again it shouldn't affect the version 8.0 install.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,596 Views)

Mrbean,

Have you tried to mass-compile the VI's used by the exercises?
If you mass compile the VI's using LV8 you will convert all the VIs to LabVIEW 8 Version.
I recommend you to make a copy of your VIs before mass-compiling them, so you can still work with the original VIs using a previous version of LabVIEW.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,568 Views)
mrbean:

I agree with Antonio Lie, please go ahead and mass compile the VIs in LabVIEW 8.0. You can do this by going to Tools>>Advanced>>Mass Compile and select the directory you have your VIs in.

Thanks
Nandini
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,563 Views)

Even if you mass compile, you will still end up with the same error!

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,546 Views)

Ray,

Why would I still see the same error? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,545 Views)

Hi,

When you load the VI(s) you affective compile those VI's, if you cannot achieve this at load time then you are not going to achieve using the Mass Compile command.

What you need to do is bring them up to an intermediate version.

I think your VIs must be version 5.x

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 9 of 10
(4,539 Views)

Go to Configure >> Adapters.  Select LabVIEW and press Configure.  In the first group, which option do you have selected?  If it is LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 8.0, I would expect this problem.  If you select Development System, it should work properly.  I did this on my machine and it worked fine.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,516 Views)