NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: -17502

I get this run time error whenerver I try to edit my report options, "Configure->Report Options..."

TestStand 2010 SP1 (4.5.1.134)

Sequence Editor Version 4.5.1.134

Run-Time Error

Details: No details available.
Error Code: -17502; System Level Exception.
Location: Step 'Edit Report Options' of sequence 'Configure Report Options' in 'ModelSupport.seq'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,827 Views)

Hi greg2233, 

Is this the first time you have seen this error when editing report options? Has this ever happened before?

You might need to try running TestStand as admin. Are you using the default report options, or is this happening after changing something specific?

I think we need a better idea of the larger picture before we can know exactly what is going on.

Thank you!

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,793 Views)

Hi rkm44,

This is the first time I am using Test Stand on an existing project, and I see the error all the time.  I ran Test Stand as administrator, didn't open any projects, and went to the report configuration option and got the error again.  An execution steps tab opens in Test Stand for "Configure Report Options [2] Paused" and diplays the following for the main step:

Step                                    Description                                                                                           Settings                         Status
-----                                      --------------                                                                                             ---------                            ----------
Edit Report Options        Action, DisplayReportOptionsDialogEx (modelsupport2.dll)     Additional Results        Error

When mousing over the following context boxes are displayed for the columns:

Action, [Module: modulesupport2.dll]                                             Records 4 Additional    Error, code = -17502

DisplayReportOptionsDialogEx                                                      Result(s)                          System Level Exception

(ThisContext, Parameter.ModelType,

Parameter.CfgDir);

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,742 Views)

Hi greg2233,

So I've been looking into this specific issue and really haven't been able to find any other accounts of this happening. One little thing we can try is to Repair or Reinstall TestStand. It is possible that something was just installed correctly the first time. To do this you will either need the original installation file or the CD from which you installed TestStand.  I'm hoping this will help, but if it doesn't it might be a good idea to post a screenshot of the error.

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,721 Views)

@greg2233 wrote:

Hi rkm44,

This is the first time I am using Test Stand on an existing project, and I see the error all the time.  I ran Test Stand as administrator, didn't open any projects, and went to the report configuration option and got the error again.  An execution steps tab opens in Test Stand for "Configure Report Options [2] Paused" and diplays the following for the main step:

Step                                    Description                                                                                           Settings                         Status
-----                                      --------------                                                                                             ---------                            ----------
Edit Report Options        Action, DisplayReportOptionsDialogEx (modelsupport2.dll)     Additional Results        Error

When mousing over the following context boxes are displayed for the columns:

Action, [Module: modulesupport2.dll]                                             Records 4 Additional    Error, code = -17502

DisplayReportOptionsDialogEx                                                      Result(s)                          System Level Exception

(ThisContext, Parameter.ModelType,

Parameter.CfgDir);

Greg

Did you perhaps put an old version of modelsupport2.dll somewhere (perhaps in the teststand public directory? Did you modify the process models in any way? Did you rebuild or modify modelsupport2.dll in any way?

If you open up that sequence file and sequence and look at the step's module specification, where is it finding modelsupport2.dll?

What might be happening is that you might be getting an old or incorrect version of modelsupport2.dll that doesn't match the prototype specified by the sequence file. Another possibility is perhaps an issue with the CVI runtime engine installation. Did this dialog used to work on this machine or it's never worked? Is this a new install or an old one?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,706 Views)