NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code -17329, how to correct?

I've written a small sequence that calls a common support sequence in another file.  When I run it, I get the error message below.  If I open the support sequence and then close it, it works fine after that.  I have tried saving both files per the error message, but everytime I close and reopen TestStand, I get the same error message.  It says there is a 'Type' conflict.  Any ideas on how to correct or to compare those 'Types' to see what the difference is?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,404 Views)

I don't know anyone that hasn't complained about this at one point or another.  Good luck man.  here's the best document out there:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7910

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,392 Views)
Thank for your help...  I will look this over. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,389 Views)

Hi! Sorry to revive an almost 6 year old thread. I am having the same issue (using TestStand 4.1.x). Were you able to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,917 Views)

@alberto123 wrote:

Hi! Sorry to revive an almost 6 year old thread. I am having the same issue (using TestStand 4.1.x). Were you able to resolve this issue?

You are likely using a data type in both sequence files, but they do not have the same version of that data type. At runtime, it's not possible to change which version of the type is being used, so if a file is loaded at runtime that requires a newer version of a type then is already loaded, you will get an error.

Recommendations:

1) Put the version of the types you want to use in a type palette file to ensure the latest version of your types are always already loaded before you start running an execution. Centralize your type editing to such a type palette file.

Or

2) Make sure you open and resave all sequence files in your system (all in memory at the same time - or with the latest version of the type at least temporarily in a type palette) to ensure that they all reference the same versions of all of the types they use.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,900 Views)