NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code:1507 when deploying

When I try to deploy my TestStand system I get this:

Error Code:1507
Could not process LabVIEW VIs. Fix any broken VIs before rebuilding. LabVIEW error:
C:\Deployment\target\SupportVIs\whitespace.ctl

It's strange because the message implies an error in the target files rather than the source.
I opened the supposed source file at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb\whitespace.ctl
and there seems to be nothing wrong with it.

Please advice,
Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,670 Views)
Hi,

I noticed you are using version 8.2. I would suggest you mass compile the TestStand Folder and any add-on folders in your labview relating to TestStand. and all your VI's that you wish to deploy.

Regards
Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 10
(4,658 Views)

Ray,

Reading the forum doesn't take one long to realize mass compiling is a good place to start, thanks anyway.
I must admit I have tried it time and again. Firstly, mass compiling my TestStand 3.1 folder produces LOADS
of funny messages like:

CompileFolderCore: error 8 at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW\LoadTargetVI_70.llb

Could not load (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\CodeTemplates\NI\MultiNumericLimitArrayDataSource\lv.vi) because (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\CodeTemplates\NI\Default_Template\lv.vi) in memory

### Bad VI:    "Details Display Dialog.vi" Path="C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Examples\LabVIEW RT\SupportVIs.llb\Details Display Dialog.vi"

### Bad subVI: "Simple Error Handler.vi" Path="C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Examples\LabVIEW RT\SupportVIs.llb\Simple Error Handler.vi"

Should I restrict compiling to some subfolders only?

/Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,641 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried opening

CompileFolderCore: error 8 at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW\LoadTargetVI_70.llb

Could not load (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\CodeTemplates\NI\MultiNumericLimitArrayDataSource\lv.vi) because (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\CodeTemplates\NI\Default_Template\lv.vi) in memory

these into labview, or repeating the compile on these, seperately.

These two are just examples, so they shouldn't both you.

### Bad VI:    "Details Display Dialog.vi" Path="C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Examples\LabVIEW RT\SupportVIs.llb\Details Display Dialog.vi"

### Bad subVI: "Simple Error Handler.vi" Path="C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Examples\LabVIEW RT\SupportVIs.llb\Simple Error Handler.vi"

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,639 Views)

Darn. Because of strict company policies, my Program Files folder is restricted to Read-Only... this explains
a whole lot of strange behaviours. I have applied for Write access and will try you suggestions again when approved.

/Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,634 Views)

Got write acces for the TS folder but mass compiling still returns a great bunch of errors. Tea, anyone?

/Vedeja

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,586 Views)

I am still receiving the same error:
Error Code:1507
Could not process LabVIEW VIs. Fix any broken VIs before rebuilding. LabVIEW error:
D:\Deployment\target\SupportVIs\whitespace.ctl

Have mass compiled the project VIs (works fine) and tried with the TS folders but I keep
being presented with various errors from the compiler.

The deployment settings are made as clean as possible, Create installer disabled and
every trace of reduntant components removed from my workspace file.

PLEASE bring on the magic,
Stefan

PS Does anyone think it should matter that my source files/workspace is on a network drive
rather than locally on my computer?

Message Edited by Morgue on 12-18-2006 08:04 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,568 Views)

Hi,

Do you have any other location for error.llb\whitespace.ctl on your system, either locally or on the network, that you may actually be linked to?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 8 of 10
(4,542 Views)
What version of TestStand are you using?  If you are using LabVIEW 8.2, it is only supported with TestStand 3.5, which may be why you are seeing this error.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,532 Views)

Ray!
You were right, there were some old links to a network 'SupportVIs' folder, because I am actually attempting
to re-deploy from an already installed deployment image. Thanks to your tip I have removed it and pointed
my VIs to the correct location instead.

Allen!
I was unaware. By 'this error', do you mean the deployment error 1507 or the mass compiling of TS folders error?
Whichever, is it possible to solve without upgrading TestStand to 3.5? (Yes, I am using 8.2 + 3.1...)

Thanks for aiding,
Stefan

Message Edited by Morgue on 12-19-2006 11:41 PM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,521 Views)