NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -18004 with LabVIEW Adapter using LabVIEW Run Time Engine 7.1.1

Hi to all,

I am trying to use the LabVIEW Run Time Engine 7.1.1 instead of the Development System for executing VIs in TestStand with the LabVIEW adapter.

The Problem is that I get the following error, saying that my VIs cannot be executed:

-18004; An error occurred accessing the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine DLL.

All my VIs were masscompiled with LabVIEW 7.1.1

How do I manage this problem, in other words how do I get my VIs in TestStand to run with the LV Run Time Engine?

Thanks for you help, Smiley Wink

- Caribe -

PS: I configured the adapter to use the  LabVIEW Run Time Engine 7.1.1. When I check back in the dialog "LabVIEW Adapter Configuration" the selector went back to LV Runtime 7.1??? Thats weird dude!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,021 Views)
Hi,

You also have to make sure the teststand folders containing VI's are also mass compiled with 7.1.1

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,018 Views)

Ray, I did what you said, i masscompiled everything. Now I receive another error message:

Model Entry Point 'Single Pass' could not be executed.

Error loading step 'myInitStep' of sequence 'MainSequence' in file 'MySequence.seq'

LabVIEW: The VI cannot be executed

Error Code -18002: LabVIEW reported an error. See 'LabVIEW: ' message for more details.

Source: 'TSAPI'

Thanks for your help. Any other Ideas?

- Caribe -

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,012 Views)

Hi Caribe,

this link may help

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/7a806984e7acb66e86256a50006c2f26?O...

Are you using the Operator Interface or the SeqEditor?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Message Edited by Ray Farmer on 09-15-2005 12:43 PM

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,008 Views)

Thanks for the link! I'll read it and hope I find the solution.Smiley Happy

I am using the Seq. Editor (TestStand 3.1)

Regards,

- Caribe -

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,005 Views)

Hi Caribe,

Did you find any solution to this weird behaviour? Even I am facing the same problem! If we set the adapter as LV 7.1.1 runtime engine, it changes back to LV 7.1 runtime engine.

I am also facing -18002 error after mass compiling LV 7.1 folder and my source code folder.

If you can share your solution, that would be of great help to me. If i couldnt find any solution, I have planned to revert back to LV 7.1 version.

Thank you,

Sasi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,916 Views)

Sasi,

The LV 7.1.1 RTE replaces the LV 7.1 RTE.  I'm assuming you used the following KB to add the registry entry for 7.1.1:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/785F5D06B7A1495086256F700076AEAD

If you delete the 7.1 folder, it will no longer show up as a choice.  TestStand doesn't care if it is 7.1 or 7.1.1 in this selection, the behavior is the same.

As for the -18002 error, are you deploying your VIs?  I would not expect the RTE to work with most VIs until they have been deployed.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,909 Views)

Hi Allen P

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did the runtime engine registry changes as per the given link. I still see the problem when I set the LV adapter as Lv 7.1.1 runtime engine. Now I have changed it to LV7.1 development system. With this setting, it is not giving any error. The older version of the code had the adapter as the runtime engine for some reason, now I have changed the setting to the development system. I hope that it shouldn’t be a problem. I was worried about the code deployment. With the existing setting, i didnt have any problems while deploying the code. I hope that the deployment should not give any issues due to this adapter change

Thanks again!

Thank you

Sasi

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,887 Views)