cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 17500 two copies of application manager control

Solved!
Go to solution
Help!

When trying to convert the code from labview 8.2 to 8.5 i face a new problem that tells 'Two copies of application mgr control in the same VI'.
Please find the attachment.
I developed the code in LV 8.2 and Test Stand 4.0.

The attachment file is get from Lab VIEW 8.5.
Any ideas what has gone wrong/how to fix it?

cheers
Yogesh

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,384 Views)
Hi Yogesh,

Is there an actual additional TestStand UI Application Manager in the LabVIEW code? If so, does simply removing the control fix the problem?
When do you get the error? Does the error appear at runtime or when opening the LabVIEW OI vi?

Are you able to replicate the behavior with the TestStand installed LabVIEW OI code?
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.0\UserInterfaces\NI\Full-Featured\LabVIEW
- Make a copy of the folder LabVIEW
- Open "Load Top-Level VI.vi" in LabVIEW 8.5
- Any problems?

Are you running LabVIEW 8.5 or 8.5.1?
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,356 Views)

Nestor G

Thank you for your replay.

I developed the code in 8.2.1 and the code is running in the same 'Lab VIEW 8.2.1' very well. The same code can open in Lab VIEW 8.5 (not 8.5.1) with out broken arrow and, while running the code only it shows the error dialog 'two copies of application manager control in the same vi' but actualy there is only one 'TS UI application manager control' in the vi.

FYI, Bellow vi runs without error in labview 8.5

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.0\UserInterfaces\NI\Full-Featured\LabVIEW\Load Top-Level VI.vi

Please help me to fix this bug!

Thank you,

Yogesh

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,289 Views)

Yogesh,

Would you please attempt to mass compile your OI.
Simply navigate to Tools > Advanced > Mass Compile in LabVIEW and select the directory containing your OI VIs.

- Do you get any warnings or errors from the mass compilation?
- Save the top level VI and run the OI again. What is the behavior?
- Would you be interested in sharing your custom OI? If so, please post your e-mail address and I will reply with a NI Support E-mail.

Thanks Yogesh...this is indeed a weird one!

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,259 Views)

Hi Nestor, I'm having the same problem that is discussed here but did you find a solution for this problem?

Thanx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yogesh_Redemptor

Hi All,

I found a solution.

Error is because of two or more 'Test Stand Application Manager control' placed in the same vi hierarchy (also sub vi).

You can rectify this by changing all 'Application Manager control' in to 'Application Manager control-Refnum' (avilable in refnum sub palatte) except main one.

FYI

This error will pop up only in LV 8.5 not in LV 8.2 (Don't know why like this!)

Thank you Nestor G and all

Regards,

Yogesh

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,185 Views)

Thanks a lot.

the same bug when using LabVIEW 2012 to execute code developed in 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,571 Views)