NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -17500 on IApplicationManager-> Start

Hi,

after I've learned that this error code is kind of generic Smiley Surprised here's the story:

I have a working simple UI in LabVIEW and decided to encapsulate all the handling of TS into an actor (using the Actor Framework).

The trouble already starts when trying to start the engine.

error 17500.png

The code I'm using is taken from my existing UI code (except the IsStarted Prop Node which is only for debugging). The PropNode executes fine (no error, IsStarted = False), the following Invoke Node fails with Error -17500.

So theTS AppMngr Ref seems to be valid... any ideas?

The Application Manager control itself is placed on the Actor Core.vi which is running in the backgaound.

TestStand2013SP1 & LabVIEW2013SP1f5

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,119 Views)

I found out in the meantime, that the code works, if the Manager Control is placed on the Actors' launcher VI (which is top-most and stays active) and the reference is send to the Actor.

It seems, it is not enough to place the control on Actor Core, although teh FP is active and execution is set to UI system....

What keeps me still suspicious is that (see above), the property node was executed without error while the following invoke produced on. Can anyone explain this behaviour?

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,104 Views)