From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically specify TestStand pass/fail string

I have a highly modified report generator which puts page numbers and column headers atop each page. Since my report header may extend over more than one page (test dependent) I had to reverse the order (report-header, report-body and report-footer) in the report generator so that the page numbering would be correct. So, I need to find an alternate method of determining if any steps have been simulated when the report header is generated. It takes a long time already to generate the test report for all 1400 steps (~480KB). Having to go through it twice is not an acceptable solution. What I would like is to find a way of accumulating this info as the test progresses.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,084 Views)
Hi Hurst,

You could have a routine in the cleanup, which has the record switched off, which scans the ResultList for all the SIM results obtained within that sequencecall. I bit like the step I created to remove skipped steps found here. You could maybe store your results in StationGlobals.

Could might use the SequenceFilePostStep Callback, this gets call after every step in the sequence file.
Or maybe the SequenceFilePostResultListEntry Callback.

There are a few possibilities

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,061 Views)
I thought about it some over the weekend and came upwith a slick solution.

During initialization an instrument determines whether it is to be in simulation mode. This information is stored in the instrument control structure.

Each step requires one or more instruments. When a step requests an instrument handle it also gets the instrument simulation flag. The flags are or'd together.

Now, during cleanup, all the instruments that were initialized are reset and closed. All the handles and simulation flags are collected. The logical or of all the simulation flags is written back to a variable that the report generator can read and use in the report-header.

Since each handle and simulation flag is retrieved in C code already, there is virtually no additional time overhead incurred. Works great!

Thanks guys for your suggestions, they helped me formulate my final solution. I'm turning my e-mai notification OFF.
Hurst
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,051 Views)