From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic change of PropFlags_IncludeInReport doesn’t change data in XML report

Hi,

I have tried to change the contents of my XML report generated in TS3.1 by changing the PropFlags_IncludeInReport. This works for some simple data types like numericteststep where I have removed the limits and step result from the report if the step pass. This is done from LV7.1 where I have created a reference to the step properties and then changed the flag with the GetFlag Property and SetFlag Property. I have posted a HTML (easier to open remote) example “MIGAExcludePassStepLimitsFromHTML.html” & a picture that shows the step structure “NumTestStepStructure.jpg”.

But it doesn’t work when my data type is getting more complicated. See CustomTestStepStructure.jpg. In this case it’s an array of containers (measurement - custom data type) that contains some containers (limits and channel – custom data type). I have removed the PropFlags_IncludeInReport on all the custom data types (in the top of the tree) except on some of the items in the last type in the tree (Status, Read.Voltage_V, Limits.Voltage_High_V, Limits.Voltage_Low_V…).

The XML style sheets doesn’t show my data when I remove the PropFlags_IncludeInReport of the Measurement Array (if it’s on all the sub-properties are shown. Not wanted because off the size). I assume it’s a bug (shows data in HTML) if some data in the structure has this flag enabled?

I can see in the source of the XML report that the flags are added to each property. These flags have the correct value from the custom data type, but the style sheets can’t show them correctly. It’s possible that NI will make a fix to this problem?

I have also tried to change the PropFlags_IncludeInReport on my custom step properties from LV7.1 like above. But my changes of the flags dynamically aren’t included in my XML report (new flags aren’t added to each property). Why? Is it because of the data type? Is it because I do it in a Post Step? Is there a solution?

I am looking forward to hear from you,

Best Regards,

Morten Pedersen
CIM Industrial Systems A/S
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,072 Views)
Hi

1. Can you post the files you have mentioned in the post.

2. Also can you post the XML report which shows the bug / incorrect behavior of the style sheet.
What is the style sheet you are using ?

"I have also tried to change the PropFlags_IncludeInReport on my custom step properties from LV7.1
like above. But my changes of the flags dynamically aren't included in my XML report (new flags aren't
added to each property). Why? Is it because of the data type? Is it because I do it in a Post Step? Is
there a solution?"

3. Can you give us some more details of when are you trying to change these flags and for what properties (look up strings)

Thank you
Anand Jain
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,065 Views)
Hi,

I have posted some sequences for you. Extract to C:\. The only difference in these seq-files is the PropFlags_IncludeInReport flag for the Result.Measurement property in the custom step type called MIGA_DCPower_HM7044.

Try to run the sequences. With XML report enabled. In the beginning of the CimHamegTest_MainTestSequence there are some numeric limit test step that in the run code enables or disables, with the SetFlag Method, the result, limits and comp depending on the test pass or fail. Works fine.

But there are problems in my custom step types that are executed after. The different sequence files shows the first problem. If the Flag mentioned in the top is disabled no sub data is include besides their flags is set to IncludeInReport. In the source code of the XML the flags are correct, but the stylesheet can’t show them.

The second problem is when I tried to change the flag dynamically. This is done in a post step for the custom step type called MIGA_DCPower_HM7044. This vi disables all the low voltage limits. I use for e.g. this look up string for that: Step.Result.Measurement[0].Limits.Voltage_Low_V. These changes aren’t included in my report. Both the HTML and XML would not show or change it.

I hope this will show you the problems and hopefully help me.

Best regards,

Morten Pedersen
CIM Industrial Systems A/S
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,039 Views)
Added files. They where removed in preview
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,039 Views)
Hi

I have attached the modified style sheets which should fix the style sheets not showing flagged subproperties of containers.

Regards
Anand Jain
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,973 Views)
Hi,

I am not sure I understand your second issue. I tried a simple test case ie I create a new step type which removes "Include in Report flag" in the post sub step and it works correctly.

Can you please give me more information or give me a simple example which reproduces this problem.

Regards
Anand Jain
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,971 Views)