From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown in TestStand

Hi All,

How to create drop down in teststand?

dropdown could be either Enum or ring. I have a LabVIEW VI which has Enum control as a input, in teststand it recognize enum as u16.

My problem is i need to call this VI in subsequence so I am thinking to create a paramenter in a subsequence and because i am calling it from main VI.

Best Regards 
Manasa M

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,795 Views)

I Dont Guess TestStand Will suport Enum input

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,354 Views)

Hi Manasa,

When you create an enum or a ring in LabVIEW vi, and connect it to the connector pane, and add it in a TestStand LabVIEW Step, in the variable field it automatically comes as drop down with the items present in the enum, and you can choose it from them. But if you want to create a Local Variable or anything similar, you cannot give directly the name but the enum number such as 1,2,3 etc, to it, as TestStand recognizes it as U16.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Yaskadeva
India AE
National Instruments, India

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions 😛
Message 3 of 4
(4,333 Views)

Hi Yaskadeva,

Thanks for the update, I was in the belief that Enum is not supported TestSTand,

Now i verified and works good for enum input

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,325 Views)