From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not generate the report if sequence is passed.

Hi,

I am using NI Teststand 2013.

I want to disable report generation depending on my sequence result.i.e after sequence completion.

If sequence is passed, report should not be generated. And if failed , report should be generated as .xml file.

This all settings should be done programatically through LabVIEW , as I am running the sequences through Teststand operator interface.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,331 Views)

What is the reason for this? 

The reason I ask is because there are a hundred ways to do this.  Why you want to do it will drive which way to do it.  For instance, if you are worried about memory consumption that would lead to a different way to do it then if you are worried about speed.  If your fear is that it confuses operators then there could be an easier implementation.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,300 Views)

Memory consumption is the only issue.

There would be so many files for passed sequences per day. So want to generate report only for failed sequence.

Regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,293 Views)

Personally I think it is a bad idea to not have reports for all UUTs.  Are you logging the data to a database?  If so then it would be fine to delete the reports.

Consider the attached image.  It places passed reports in one folder and failed reports in another folder.  Then you could override ProcessCleanup callback and delete all files in the Passed folder.  This is 1 of a thousand ways to do it.

By the time MainSequence has determined the pass/fail status it is too late to disable report generation without modifying the process model.  Another option is to modify the plugin (essentially creat your own) so that it just doesn't generate a report if the result is passed.

Some ideas.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,270 Views)

Thanks jiggawax .

"it is a bad idea to not have reports for all UUTs."

This was client demand so that we don't want to generate the report for passed sequences.

I will look into the model plug in.

Thank you for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,255 Views)

If you take the existing Report Generation plugin you can just put a big IF statement around the contents of UUT Done entry point.  Set the if to : parameters.MainSequenceResult.Status == "Failed"

The only other hurdle you would have to overcome is that the UUT Start entry point creates your report file.  So you would need to move that to the UUT Done callback or just live with a a bunch of empty files.  Unfortunately you don't know the status of the execution at this point.

All of this assumes you are not using on the fly reporting of course.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,242 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion.

sorry for late reply.

This seems quite complicated.

But still i would like to confirm the plug in.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Components\Models\ModelPlugins\NI_ReportGenerator.seq

How to move the report file generated at UUT entry point to UUT Done callback.

Otherwise I would prefer to go with delete option by separating them result wise as per your previous suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,211 Views)