NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need LabView to load VIs in TestStand ?

Hello,

I have TestStand 2012 installed on my machine and recently also installed LabView Runtime engine but do not have LabView Development license.

When I try to call a labView Project and its VIs, I get an error message unable to load Project. On another machine where I have labView installed, for the same paroject and VI, I do not get any error message.

Does it mean that I need to have LabView development license in order to call VIs. I always thought that run-time engine would be sufficient for such tasks where we are just calling VIs and not developing those on TestMachines.

Regards

Ricky

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,012 Views)

Hi Ricky,

First of all you're not obliged to specify a LV prject to load a VI. You can skip the project path control and only specify the VI path entry.

Then check your Laview adapter configuration (Configure -> Adapters -> LV Selected -> Configure...) : it should be on 'LabVIEW Run Time Engine' and not 'Dev system'.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,008 Views)

TestStand should be able to load and run the VI's ( which are in project) in runtime also ( you cannot edit it).

What error are you getting?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,977 Views)

Hi,

thanks for suggestiong the possible solution.

actually, I could not get it working, unitll I installed LabView (test verion), then I changed adapter settings and then I opened the project in LabView. After opening, it  loaded project in "MyComputer" and now I am able to see different VIs available in the project. I had to change paths everywhere in the project.

I am unable to understand, what "MyComputer" in LV means? I am able to browse VIs but not in my actual hard drive but a virtual my computer created by LabView. I wish to work without LabView but the prerequisite to open project in  LV is hindering me to do it.

The Error I get is Unable to load project when I try opening a VI (without Project being loaded in LV "My Computer".

I do not know if something has to be changed by VI programmer or is it standard that virtual LV my computer must run on every maching?

Regards

Ricky

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,972 Views)

Hi,

I realise that this is an old thread but though I would make a quick observation.

When I am using OOP LabVIEW VI's in TestStand I have to have an actual LabVIEW version installed, where as none OOP VI's seem to work fine without. I don't know what the OP was using but I have just had this issue. The only way I found to fix it was to go into Configure...Adaptors...LabVIEW...Configure... and select LabVIEW Development System rather than the RTE.

I'm using LabVIEW 2013 and TestStand 2014.

Regards,

Darren.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,003 Views)