From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying the MAIN SEQUENCE when running / calling a SubSequence (callsequence)

when i run a CallSequence Step in my sequence, the display views the content of the subsequence.

how can display the the MainSequence all execution time?

regards
timo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,511 Views)

Hi TimoS,

If you open the sequencecall properties and select "disable tracing in sequence" under the "sequence call trace setting" that should do it for you.

Hope this helps,

Nick 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,505 Views)
Timo,

There are two ways you can do this.
The first way is disabling tracing.
Execute->Disable Tracing.
When Tracing is in effect , the sequence editor or operator interface  application displays each step as it executes.
This is useful when debugging but adds significant performance overhead to the execution of your test programs.
If you do not want to disable tracing for all the steps in your sequence file, you can disable tracing for a sequence call step.
1. Select the sequence file step and from its context menu click properties.
2. Go to the 'Run Options' tab.
3. Go to the 'Sequence Call Trace Setting'.
4.Select Disable Tracing in sequence.

Hope it helps.

Antonio Lie.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,503 Views)
thx
for the fast reply

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,497 Views)
There is one other way, simliar to what has already been mentioned.  I wanted a way to trace through the main sequence but not the subsequences.  You could open EACH step individually and change the trace properties or add the following statment to the SequenceFilePreStep (engine callback):

Precondition=PropertyExists("Parameters.Step.TS.SData.Trace")
Parameters.Step.TS.SData.Trace="Off"

To make your application you could set this up to reference a fileglobal such as

Parameters.Step.TS.SData.Trace = FileGlobals.DebugTrace

where DebugTrace is equal to "On" or "Off"
Message 5 of 5
(3,470 Views)