From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DisplayExecution event not triggered after sequencefile execution

I have a problem now with my customized Test UI developed in C#.

In my own PC, my codes works well:

this.axSequenceFileViewMgr1.GetCommand(CommandKinds.CommandKind_ExecutionEntryPoints_Set, 0).Execute(true);

// Run sequence---> This goes to DisplayExecution event

private void axApplicationMgr1_DisplayExecution(object sender, NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.UI.Ax._ApplicationMgrEvents_DisplayExecutionEvent e)
        {
            this.axExecutionViewMgr1.Execution = e.exec; 

}

However, when I run this UI in another PC, which installed same softwares as mine, the DisplayExecution can not be triggered.

And I found that the count of Executions in axApplicationMgr1 is always 0 after the command execute.

I'm using TestStand 2014, 64bits version.

C# in Visual studio 2010.

Please advise where may go wrong in my code or the PC environment for my problem.

Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,197 Views)

I figured out the reason of this issue by myself.

The failure of not doing the GetCommand.Execute() is due to the user login issue.

During my development I feel the login window is annoying so I disabled it by setting axApplicationMgr1.LoginOnStart to false.

I'm not sure why it works in my PC but not in others. -> Maybe someone can advise on this point?

So my current solution is to catch the UserChanged event after the login then to open the sequence file and execute it.

Hope this is helpful to those meet similar issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,093 Views)

The first thing I would check is to open the Station Options dialog box on both machines and verify that the settings on the User Manager tab are the same.

Message 3 of 4
(4,078 Views)

oh yes.. I double checked the User Manager settings, to find that my own PC the "Check User Privileges" was unchecked but it was checked at the "Not OK" PC .

Now both PCs  are aligned and my original program works too!

Thanks James for your suggestions!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,069 Views)