NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion about calling Vi's that have dll calls using development and runtime

So while troubleshooting a sequence that include some Vi's that will do a Dll call node inside, Sequence analyzer said the sequence is perfect when using developement enviroment. But when i switched to runtime and run the sequence analyzer, the vis will the dll code will give the sequence analyzer an error.

so i when ahead inside those Vi's and click the dll call node.  the path for the dll was xxxxx.dll*  so what i did was browse to the file with a path of c:\x\x\xxxx.dll file. once i did that i updated also the project where this file where use to change the dependency. 

As a result of that problem solve. sequence analyzer will be happy on runtime and will not ouput any CANT LOAD VI errors.

have you guys experience this before also?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,326 Views)

Hi,

I have a couple questions on this. Is the error you are seeing only showing up in the sequence analyzer, or is this something that pops up when you are trying to run the sequence as well? Basically, I'm wondering if the sequence will still run successfully even when the sequence analyzer is giving an error. Another questions I had is if you can upload a screenshot of the error. Lastly, just to clarify, you are talking about changing the LabVIEW adapter settings from development environment to runtime engine right?

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,299 Views)

When clicking on run UUT, testand will begin to load the steps and Vis....it will fail there also and tell you that this "Vi" cant be loaded by runtime.... but if you switch to development it will run without problem.

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,291 Views)

I looked into this a little bit and found that sometimes your LabVIEW VI may contain code that needs to be compiled in order to run using just LabVIEW's Run-Time engine. You can build the VI into a Source Distribution, this will compile the VI allow it to run with just the LabVIEW RTE. I think the Call Library function node will behave a little differently between when it's in the development environment and after it has compiled. This is probably why you have to change the path to get the VI to work in the Runtime Engine. 

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,260 Views)