From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable screen update when multi-threading

Group,
    I'm running multi-threaded using 16 threads.  Since 16 separate screens make view almost impossible, is it possible to disable the screen updating in order to reduce cycle time. 

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,181 Views)
Hi,

You can switch off the tracing in the Configuration | Station Options | Execution tab, Un-check Enable Tracing.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,177 Views)

True.  However, that is not what I'm asking.  I want to disable the screen updating.  Is this possible?

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,163 Views)

Hey Tony,

There is an option to hide the execution windows as well.  It is located under Configure>>Model Options.  If this still isn't what you are looking for, could you give us a little more specific information as to what you want to disable?

Message Edited by Patrick P. on 12-01-2005 11:35 AM

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 6
(3,150 Views)

Some of the ways you can hide the test socket windows are:

a) Add a ModelOptions callback to your sequence file. In the callback, set Parameters.ModelOptions.HideExecutions to true.

b) Modify the process model. For the batch model, remove the precondition on the Hide Executions? step in the Initialize TestSocket sequence.

c) Open and close Configure>>Model Options... to ensure there is a <TestStand>\Cfg\TestStandModelModelOptions.ini file. Edit the file in notepad. In the same section that has:

NumTestSockets = <4 or some other number>

Add on a new line:

HideExecutions = true

Don't change the section that has:

NumTestSockets = Num

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,144 Views)
Oops, forget option (c). Instead do what Patrick said. I didn't see that the option was on the dialog because I didn't have the Batch model active when I looked at it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,141 Views)