From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable 'add measurement' in multiple limit test

Hello,

My goal is to make a step type which executes a specific code which returns 3 measurements. The user who uses the step of that type must be able to apply limits on these measurements but not change the number of measurements.

So I use a Multiple Numeric Limit test, but I don't succeed in fixing the number of numeric limit test

On way could be to disable add/remove measurement from the limit tab, but I didn't found the way to do that

I tried to make Step.ExpectedNumMeas not editable, but that doesn't work

Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,213 Views)

Hi Laurent,

Your technical issue is a typical case where your need to create a custom step type.

Two options in your case :

1°) Duplicate the existing one by copy/pasting the MultipleNumericLimitTest from NI_Types.ini in the same file (it will be renamed MultipleNumericLimitTest_2) and then Cut/paste it in a new step type palette.

Once you have done that you can edit the content of this custom step type definition.

BUT I think the second option is better:

2°) Create a new custom step type from scratch (not by copy pasting the one from NI).

Have a look to the architecture series and TestStand Help for learning how to create custom step type.

If you need more assistance you can keep writing on this topic 😉

regards

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,174 Views)

Hi Romain,

Indeed I'm using a custom step type. I thought to start from Multiple Numeric Limit test and then customize this type to disable add/remove measurement.

What you are proposing is to insert a new step type and then inserting new properties:

- Step.Result.Numeric1 ,Step.Result.Numeric2 ...

- Step.Result.Units1, Step.Result.Units2 ...

- Step.Limits1, Step.Limits2 ..

- Step.Comp1, Step.Comp2 ...

and same things for CompExpr, UseCompExpr and DataSource

Then updating the Status Expression

Then adding an edit substep so the user can easily set limits, units ...

Am I right ?

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,169 Views)

Hi Laurent,

Yes exactly. I know this is a time-consuming and work overload but you will greatly benefit from that and when it is not possible to modify th existing component you actually don't have the choice.

If you want to reuse the existing step type MultipleNumericLimit Test, you will at least need to delete the existing Edit Substep and make your own. Then you can reuse the existing properties of the step type definition.

Regards,

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,166 Views)