cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Batch Report TestStand 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to disable the Batch Report generation in the Batch Model of TestStand 2014. I found this thread from back in 2005 but it seems that things have changed a bit since then with the addition of the Model Plugins in newer versions of TestStand. I still want the individual report for each test socket but I wish to disable the additional Batch summary report. Anyone know the easiest way to accomplish this?

I seem to have successfully skipped the prompts for collecting the Batch serial number.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,381 Views)

Which type of report are you doing.  For the XML, HTML, ATML, Txt reports you can disable by opening the NI_ReportGenerator.seq file located in Components\Models\ModelPlugins and skipping the AddBatchReportAndSave step in the Model Plugin - Batch Done sequence.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,374 Views)

Thanks for the reply jigg. I am using the HTML report. I tried your recommendations by saving a copy of NI_ReportGeneration.seq to the C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Components\Models\ModelPlugins directory. I set the AddBatchReportAndSave step to skip. After running a sequence it still creates the file in the report directory but now it is blank (see attached). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,367 Views)

You'll have to skip some of the other steps.  When I get a second I'll try to find out which ones.  It should be somewhat obvious though.

Disabling the plugin sequence was bad because the process model is waiting on some flags to get set inside of it.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,363 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aaronb

I think I got it.

There are 3 steps.

1- The one we discussed.

2- Read Entire Controller Report in Model Plugin - End

3- Determine Batch Report File Path in Model Plugin - Batch Start

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 5 of 9
(9,360 Views)

That seemed to work. I just get a separate report now for each individual socket with no summary batch report. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,335 Views)

I know this is an old thread (and marked solved), but if you have come across this, then you were probably hoping that disabling batch reports wouldn't require modifying NI_ReportGenerator.seq.  I've create a post on the idea exchange to make this easier.  If you "Kudos" the idea, maybe someday it will be easier.

Message 7 of 9
(7,504 Views)

You should put a link to your idea so we can easily find it.

Thanks!

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,501 Views)