NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment utility issue

Hi All,

My code module to be deployed uses some VI's from user.lib. When I'm trying to create the deployment, in LabVIEW options I'm excluding all files from vi.lib,user.lib and instr.lib.  After creating the deployment, still my code module looks for the VI's from user.lib in SupportVIs folder which is parallel to the deployed folder. I don't know why it is still looking in SupportVIs folder instead of taking it from user.lib. Please share your thoughts about this.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

vani

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,937 Views)

In the LabVIEW VI Options dialog did you select the three exclusions i.e

Exclude Files from VI lib

Exclude Files from User lib

Exclude Files from Instr lib

LabVIEW VI Options.png

regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,883 Views)

Hi Ray,

I have already selected all three options to exclude.

Thanks,

vani

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,879 Views)

What Teststand version are you using.

I tried TestStand 2010 and that was fine.

regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,877 Views)

TestStand 2014

Thanks,

vani

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,875 Views)

I rebuilt my project with TS2014.

This built the deployment correctly ie no vi's from instr.lib, vi.lib or user.lib.

If I deselected the instr.lib in the options dialog and rebuilt the deployment then I got a support folder with the instr.lib vi's and lib files.

are you able to post your project?

regards

Ray

Note: I did have a lot of issues converting from TS2010 to TS2014 to get the analyser not to error and the 2014 deployment tool to analyser without errors.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,870 Views)

Hi Ray,

I have one packed lib called NI_TestStand_Semiconductor_Module.lvlibp which is installed with Teststand Semiconductor Module. Its VI's will be listed in LabVIEW Palatte as well. When I build deployment utility for a VI which uses the VI's from that packed library, even after I have excluded all dependencies it is looking for the packed lib in supportVI's folder but it is not there since I have excluded it. It is happening when I open the deployed labview project. But If I try to run the sequence, there is no issues. It is taking form vi.lib and executing. But still conflicts are there in the project.

Thanks,

vani

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,868 Views)

So are you saying:

Your deployment built ok (no errors)

When you opened the SequenceFile it was linked to the Support VI's folder rather than the original location.

When you deployed on your target system, this deployed ok and when the sequencefile was opened it had no errors and ran ok.

regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,866 Views)

Did you create your Build file (TSD) from new or did you use an existing one?

I used the TSD file from my TS 2010 build and I have loads of problems. In the end I created a new TS2014 TSD file and this made it a easier build with less problems to resolve.

regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,860 Views)