NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Utility (Error Code -33)

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help on the following issue I've been seeing with TestStand 2010 SP1's Deployment Utility.  Everytime I start the Deployment Utility it appears to reinitialize to the default settings for the application.  Even if I attempt to load a TSD file, the Deployment Utility would quickly flash the settings and properties from the TSD file but would reinitialize quickly right after.  The following are the messages from the status log:

Starting a log for the deployment.
--------------------------------
Error occurred
Error Code:-33
TestStand - Deployment Utility Splash Screen.vi >> TestStand - Distribution Wizard GUI.vi >> TestStand - Load Engine Parts from Ini File.vi >> TestStand - Process Engine Info Dependencies.vi >> TestStand - Find Direct Engine Info Dependencies.vi >> TestStand - Get Dependent Products.vi >> MDFProdPreview_AddProductDone.vi

--------------------------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any idea what this Error Code -33 is?  I could not find any information on this issue.

Thanks for any assistance,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,788 Views)

Hello Peter,

Please try out the solution in this KnowledgeBase article:

KB 5G0AMJXU: Internal Error -33, -40 When Building a LabVIEW or LabWindows™/CVI Distribution or Test...

Looks like it could be a mismatch with the .NET Framework Installer. It looks like the KnowledgeBase article hasn't been updated in a while, so the version of the .NET Framework may be later than 2.0.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,760 Views)

Also, what settings are being reinitialized in the deployment utiility? Are you able to upload any TSD file or is it just one TSD file that is causing this error?

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,752 Views)

Taylor,

Thanks for the reply.  I performed the steps in the KnowledgeBase article but the problem still exists.

When I mentioned that the settings were being reinitialized to the default application settings, an example would be what is occuring in the "Installer Options" of the Deployment Utility.  For instance, when I attempt to load my own TSD file, it would load the correct "Installation Name" though a split second later would reinitialize back to the default "My TestStand System" (I assume "My TestStand System" is the application's default value).

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,744 Views)

Hi Peter,

If you create a new TSD from the TestStand Deployment Utility, are you able to succesffully load that?

Also, please loading a TSD that does not have "Create Installer" checked on the Installer tab. (This checkbox is at the top of the Installer Options tab, at leas tin TestStand 2013).

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,738 Views)

Taylor,

I made a slight change in the "Location of Deployment Image:" field and saved the TSD, and it acted the same as any of my other TSD files.  Also I tried to uncheck the "Create Installer" field as suggested and no luck there as well.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,733 Views)

Has loading a TSD file ever worked for you? If it has, when did it stop working?

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,730 Views)

Yes it has worked in the past.  It stopped working at the beginning of this week.  I would say the only thing I did special within the time it started to work to the time it stopped working was turn the PC off for the long July 4th weekend, because it is usually on all the time.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,727 Views)

Hello Peter,

Did you move the TSD File after saving it? Please try leaving it in the same file location and see if that works.

I have a couple more ideas to try:
1) Can you recreate the TSD file from scratch? Perhaps something did not shutdown properly and caused the file to become corrupted.
2) You could try returning the computer to a Restore point when TestStand wasn't throwing this error and see if this fixes the issue. See External Link: Windows 7 System Restore
3) Were there any updates applied when the computer rebooted?

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,709 Views)