From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Error

Deployment

I am having trouble running deployed TestStand sequence file on a target PC. Error message “VI is not executable” is displayed. Any help please. The target PC has the DAQ device drivers installed.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,215 Views)
Hi,

Do you have lvdaq.dll on your target system?
Are the target and development system to the same build of daq software. You can check this out using MAX.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,214 Views)
Hi Ray

Thank you for the reply.

Source PC
PC MAX version 3.1.0.3021
Traditional DAQ version 7.2

Target PC
PC Max version 3.1.1.3003
Traditional DAQ version 7.3

There is a lvdaq.dll on the target PC. Does the location is matter?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,212 Views)
Hi,

Is it in a search path for your VI's, same location as the exe or LLB?

I am assuming you are using an ActiveX Labview server on your target machine or are using the OI as the server, so it probably wants to be in that directory.

Or you can specify in the ini file of the ActiveX Labview server under the section []
the key would be viSearchPath, eg
[TestStandLVRTS]
viSearchPath="c:\My Application\*"

I would have thought the two versions of DAQ are probably compatible.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,203 Views)
Hi Ray

I tried on different target PCs and come with different error. I attached the errors as word document. Do I need to install DAQ device drivers and runtime engine on the target PC separately?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,168 Views)
For these latest errors, you are getting them due to the LabVIEW adapter settings.

For the first one, your VIs are saved in a version of LabVIEW newer than the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine selected in your Adapter Configuration. For the second one, you have selected the LabVIEW Development environment as your adapter, but do not have LabVIEW installed on that machine.

Allen P.
NI
Message 6 of 6
(3,160 Views)