NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Build Error

I am moving from TestStand 3.5 to 4.1 for the development environment, but maintaining my OI built in LabView, which is just a slightly modified version of the teststand 3.5 full-featured labview OI.  I have sucessfully created an installer and image using the 4.1 deployment utility, deployed it and it works fine.   BUT... I cannot sucessfully select the OI exe file and create a program item using the deployment utility.  I receive the following error:

The build contains one or more invalid paths:
Invalid program Item to File C:\Program Files\My_Exec\My_Exec.exe ""

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,662 Views)

Hi Goldee,

I have a few suggestions for you to try:

1. If you have a version of LabVIEW newer than 8.0, mass compiling the OI to the newer version may solve the problem

2. If the modifications you made were minor, remaking the OI using the 4.1 version is a possible solution

3. (long shot) Try renaming the folder and file so that it does not contain any underscores; this may be causing problems

I hope this helps!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,631 Views)
I no longer received the error after I including a "shortcut name" in the box next to the "create a program item" check box, and I removed the read-only attribute from my exe.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,614 Views)

Thanks, goldee for posting the resolution. I had a terrible time finding the solution to this problem until I found this post. The error hardly matches the symptom.

Error: "The build contains one or more invalid paths:
Invalid program Item to File [Path & name of file] "" expected a relative path not an absolute path.
Please consult TestStand online help to get more information on how to resolve deployment errors."

Symptom: Not including a name after checking the "Create Program Item".

Seriously? That's the error for the symptom? I was searching my sequences for path problems that I knew I didn't have (since I built previously with no problems).

NI, will you please file a bug for this so that at least the error is more descriptive? Or better yet, why not make the text field required if you check the box?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,141 Views)

Thanks for the report, I have added this to the list of known issues so we will track it and fix it in a future version. The ID for the issue is 416202.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,135 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to seeing this fixed in future versions of the deployment utility.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,133 Views)