NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying, cfg-files, "missing" .dlls, using wrong .dlls

My workspace includes all TS cfg-files from my development system.

Despite that fact I often but not always have to copy those files manually after deploying to the test station. Sometimes reporting simply doesn't work because the deployment has overwritten the cfg-files, but not with the files included in my image !

What am i doing wrong ?.

Often but not always, my seqeuence crashes during runtime (after deployment), because of a missing .dll. It was work fine on my development pc, and all files are included. I have seen it work sometimes after restarting the testexec. or the pc.

What am i doing wrong ?.

After deploying a new version to the test station (now having 2 versions installed), the old version was using my new .dll.

The files was included in both deployments (relative path to a folder inside).

After restarting everything, the old version used the old .dll again.

What am I doing wrong ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,542 Views)

Hi Nikolaj,

Could you give a little more information about the specific problem you're experiencing? What exact dlls have been reported missing? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could attach screenshots of the error messages you are seeing as well as specifying any error codes related to this problem. Finally, what version of TestStand and what OS are you using? Given the nature of the problem I would recommend looking to see if there are any known issues with your version of TestStand that could be causing the problem.

Regards,

Jake A

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,524 Views)

OS - development/station1+2 : W7 pro

OS - station3 : W10

chilkatdotnet45.dll is reported missing. The file is placed in the folder "MWtest".

Despite adding workspace and sub folders to search directories it fails.

Despite adding current sequence file directory and sub folders to search directories it fails.

it works fine on my development pc.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,510 Views)

Do you know which version of TestStand you're using? Additionally, is the issue consistent across all three deployment machines or do you experience different symptoms on different machines or OSes?

Aditionally, this DLL appears to be associated with Chilkat's software which is sourced from here: https://www.chilkatsoft.com/x64_Framework45.asp

They have documented this issue and have provided some possible solutions:

http://www.chilkatforum.com/questions/1430/visual-studio-2012-could-not-load-file-or-assembly-chilka...

http://www.chilkatforum.com/questions/6262/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-chilkatdotnetdll-or-one-o...

Can you check these resources to see if they may reveal the precise issue and the way to solve this problem?

Regards,

Jake A

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,498 Views)

Hi

The Chilkat problem is solved.

This is a totally new pc and therefore some dependencies where missing.

TS2014

The 2 other issues are not solved yet.

br

Nikolaj

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,486 Views)

Good to hear that you've resolved the issue with the Chilkat DLL. What are the files that you are currently experiencing issues with? Are they from your PC or have you created them, and if so what process did you go through when doing so?

Regards,

Jake A

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,466 Views)

The biggest issue for me right now is how to handle, where my reports are stored. I have set up several options through the report configuration pane in the development tool. These setup all utilizes the build in macros.

Depending on which teststation i'm deploying to i want to utilize diffrent reporting paths.

I have included the cfg-files in my workspace. Sometimes when I deploy, the cfg-files are correctly deployed, sometimes the existing files are overwritten with some other files. The symptom is that my reports go to the wrong location. I can't find the logic in what happens to the cfg-files during deployment !

Are they suposed to be automatically copied to the correct folder ?

To overcome this cfg-file problem i have tried to incorporate a report options callback, to handle report-paths in every specific sequencefile I have. However I had no success so far, since the macros will not work. I only get reports having no name (.xml). This issue I have been discussing with an other NI application engineer. The current answer is that macros are not supposed to work with report option callbacks ! (is that correct ?).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,451 Views)